working IP cam, not working in WD

I see 12 clients on my router, three have no host name. when I paste one of those IP addresses into a browser window, it shows my A/V receiver, the other two just show the “This site can’t be reached” message.

I’ve been trying :88, since that is the port I see in the url of the Foscam IPCam Client software that shows streaming video from the camera.

Thanks for the user manual. It is version 1.1, whereas the user manual on the cd that came with the camera when I bought it about three years ago is version 1.0.

When the Foscam IPCam Client software opens in Firefox, I enter my username and password in the login screen. Since it connects using the Foscam IPCam Client software, why does it not connect with the same IP address in a browser window? I guess that’s what I’m trying to figure out, eh?

Continuing thanks.

…you could try a factory reset?

they should be called fossy cam ,lol

hopefully someone has this working can chime in?

Currently enjoying the last few weeks of seeing this camera’s view on my wx station page on WU, before they dump webcams on Dec 15 https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KIDBOISE93#history

After that maybe factory reset, maybe new cam. Really hoping for WD to work.

Did you use the foscam ip camera tool?

I got my foscam ip camera working (ffmpeg h264) with the following url:

rtsp://username:password@here the whatsmyip adress.88/videoMain
Use this adress in VLC player…
rtsp://admin:[email protected]:88/videoMain
rtsp:// @192.168.1.11:88/videoMain
rtsp://:[email protected]:88/videoMain
rtsp://[email protected]:88/videoMain
Open the VLC, and go to MediaOpen Network Stream option, then enter the URL into VLC.

(From memory, the actual login specs are written on the camera…)

Can

when I type that string in a browser window it launches a search engine.

did you replace the whatsmyip etc with your ip address from that web site?
and replace the user/pass with your actual use/pass?

I did. Also changed the period before the port with a colon; figured it was a typo. Used my pc IP, starting with 159, not the camera IP. In Chrome it launched a search engine, in Firefox it generated a message that Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address because the protocol (rtsp) isn’t associated with any program. Maybe there is a browser setting I need to change.

None of those strings worked for me in VLC player, screenshots attached. :?

VLC1.JPG

…try the adress from whatsmyip website…

Same deal it looks like. Screenshot attached.

VLC4.JPG

Try this:
Copy paste this in your webbrowser:

http://159.118.166.31:88/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=scatfus&pwd=mesav*8

I think you missing the *8 on the end of the password?

Yes, thanks Brian, fixed :smiley:

Nope.

SSDD. Maybe reboot the router? I’ve been hesitant because then I’m forced to redo the entire setup of the A/V receiver from scratch. But in my experience sometimes the ol’ off and on desperate measure actually works.

Also, not sure if it matters, but my PC is connected to the router wirelessly, not with a LAN cable. Works fine.

Maybe dismount the camera and bring it in and start from scratch there, as someone previously suggested, a factory reset? Also hesitant since it’s sending images to WeatherUnderground without problem every 15 minutes.

I’ve about run out of ideas so I appreciate the ones that keep coming.

I ran windows diagnostics, trying to sleuth the results, attached.

WinDiag1.JPG

Sorry im out of options at the moment.
You could reset the cam and start from there.
Theres a ip adress etc. written on the cam somewhere i think.

Previous suggestions were to use the PC address, but I’ve been trying both PC and camera IP addresses.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I will dismount the camera next month and start from scratch.

I haven’t been able to figure out the “online but isn’t responding to connection attempts” result. :scratch:

Cant you reset the camera in the foscam webapp?