working IP cam, not working in WD

that does give your local IP

yes, did insert actual username and password, as well as hankster’s suggestions.

Yes i know, but i got my foscam ip cam working in “blue iris” software with my local ip.
Its worth a try i thought, thats why i responded.

doesn’t I meant to say.i.e its not your 192.168 type IP address
its just the IP address that your router assigns for incoming connections

@cinnabar, first thing is to get it working in a browser window, the url, with the cgi click etc

Please see the attached two screenshots from the Foscam IPCam Client that I use in an old version of Firefox. One is of live video from this camera, showing 192.168.0.3:88 and the other is from the Status tab, showing the camera’s IP address as 192.168.0.9.

I think I have tried all possible permutations with the cgi etc stuff by now in the Webcam Capture IP Setup and in a Chrome browser tab, but nothing has worked yet.

but that screen shot of your firefox browser only shows the IP cam client url
and not a url that is your local ip + cgi click+ username/pass etc (as per the link that hankster put up)
you need to try and get that type of url working in a browser window

yep, I think I get that, the screenshot showing url of 192.168.0.3:88 is specific to that FOSCAM program called IPCam Client. The IP address of the camera itself is 192.168.0.9, and that’s the one I need to use in Web Cam Capture vers 10.05 and a browser window.

When you say “local ip…” you are referring to the camera IP, correct? I’ll keep trying. Turned off windows firewall but that didn’t do it either.

Unless you see something I typed incorrectly in the attached screenshots, I’m not sure what next to try.

(But I did finally receive a PurpleAir sensor today, I think I will go install it now!)

that first screen shot is how you need to be setting it
but I think you are supposed to not have the [ and ] around the username/passwords

based on hanksters link and the model you posted in first post
for a jpg try http;//ip address/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD]

for video stream try http://ip address/videostream.asf?user=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD]&resolution=64&rate=0

and as Brian said remove [] from username and password

Yes, remove the [ & ]

You can just put that URL in your browser to see if the stream comes up.

Thanks everyone for your time. Still not working after removing the brackets around username and password, screenshot attached.

but, Boise.purpleair.com :slight_smile:

Heading downtown for a pint…

you should be using this format
http://ip address/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD]

i.e the cgi-bin format
(remove the [] and set your user/pass and set your ip address etc)

What might also try is to put :88 after the IP address.

Thanks, but nope. See two screenshots attached. Gotta be something simple that I’m doing wrong. :hathat25:

Try the URLs I gave with the :88 in it.

OK, lets just see if you can connect with the camera at all. You should just be able to put the IP address in your browser and that should connect to your camera and get you to the login screen.

is the 192.168.09
correct
as the refuse to connect means that is not correct?

Well, been using the camera for three years, uploading to WU, I can see live vid on my pc with the Foscan IP Cam Client; sure I can connect to the camera. Just not by putting the IP address in a browser window. I’m not sure what login screen you are referring to.

I get the camera IP address from the Foscam IPCam Client software, as shown in the screenshot foscam status 2.JPG in Reply #18 of this thread. I’ve turned off firewall, antivirus; I don’t know what the refuse to connect means - that’s the $64,000,000 question.

Would there be an alternative method to determine the camera’s IP address besides the Foscam IPCam Client software?