Davis IP Initial Connect Problem

I’m running 10.37S56 on Windows 10 x64. I have a Davis Vantage Vue with the IP module running firmware 4.18.

When I start up WD, there is a window for “Davis VP History Data Extraction”. It just hangs there at 0% while updating the second counter. Only one of the horizontal progress bars display. After a bit of time, I click abort and the windows goes away. Not wanting to lose the history, I then close WD and restart. The 2nd time, everything works just fine. It works quickly, and two lines of the horizontal progress bar are displayed. This behavior can be replicated 100% of the time.

This has been going on for some time, but I wanted to first update the Davis firmware before reporting.

so the 2nd time WD gets the history data OK?
have you tried the latest version of WD?

Yes, the 2nd time WD gets the history data OK.

I downloaded and tested build 60, which seems to the the latest version, and the issue occurs in an identical manner.

One idea is that the time might be off some in the IP data logger. Once WD is running correctly goto Contol Panel > Data Logger;
Once there, after the minute rollover on the clock on you PC, click the Get Time button, wait until it gets the time. Then click on the Set Time button above the Get Time Button.

@Zalmor, I tried your suggestion. It did not solve the issue.

Thank you for trying to assist.

I will do some testing here with my IP data logger

but not as much spare time this week as helping with a school camp

I have tested here and its working OK
(new settings)
so it might be something about your setup

do you see any error under view, program event log, on start up?

It is empty, both before and after the abort. The clear box is unchecked, so presumably nothing has ever been logged there.

if you could email me your settings I can test here

Are the settings stored in a file I can mail or should I send screenshots?

FAQ http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/12684

Files sent.

I have tested here
with your settings (after I set to my IP needed and then set the time/date to get the data from and then restarted)
it works fine for me
(took a second for the data to start to be downloaded…how long did you wait?)
I did notice you had ticked to clear the data when finished…I did untick then …as that is not really needed

also is the time/date on the console the same as the pc?

Yes, date/time is in sync. I wait for minutes sometimes to see if it will eventually work.

I can untick the clear when finished and try if you think that makes a difference.

you could try that
I tested lots of restarts here with our settings and and it was OK

I reflashed the Davis firmware and things seem to be ok now.

I received this from Davis Instruments this evening:

Thanks you for your email to Support. Customers with accounts who send data to Weather Underground Personal Weather Station (PWS) from your weatherlink.com account may notice data is missing or not being sent to Weather Underground in a timely fashion. WeatherLink Software users who have installed Weather Underground