longer tweets now supported (280 instead of 140)

in the latest version of WD (build 60) via the updated wdtwitternew.exe
worked for me in a test at least
https://twitter.com/mewindy

make sure to also increase the limit setting in WD

Hi, it already worked for 280 characters, as soon as the the announcement was made that it had been rolled out, the 1st thing i did was to increase the WD’s twitter output, its worked fine since, cannot say what version WD it is until stupid windows 10 updates have completed

EDIT: Just checked its 37s B57 and ok, i havent actually tried the max 280 yet (not needed to at the minute) but i am on 236 at this moment in time, it does fluctuate depending on what the Davis forecast says.

no, it was not actually working before, but it is now with the change I had to make

Im sorry, what? I am using it now and still on the older WD version as stated above, it is producing tweets in excess of 230 characters, why would i need to lie?

the wdtwitternew.exe program would not send a tweet if the tweet was over 140 characters
( I actually tested that)
the updated version of that program will now allow a tweet over 140 characters to be sent

This was tweeted 20hrs ago on build 57

Untitled.png

What is a tweet?

tweet
twiːt/Submit
noun
the chirp of a small or young bird.
“the gentle tweet of a bird can be heard”
a message, image, etc. posted on Twitter.
“he started posting tweets via his mobile phone to let his parents know he was safe”

are you using wdtwitternew.exe to do the tweets though BWX?

Hi, ido not have any wdtwitternew.exe in my wdisplay folder, so unless its elsewhere then no.

Since the 1st talk of twitter trial this a while back, I set the character limit to 500,wheter that made any difference do not know, but I am still on 57, not updated for a while now

I have tested here
and using an older version of wdtwitternew.exe will not work for longer than 140 tweet but the new one does

how are you getting tweets to your twitter page?
are you using the twitter setup in WD?
are you positive you do not have a wdtwitternew.exe program ?
that program is included in the WD install files , and is how WD sends tweets

My apologies, i just had another look, i was looking for twitternew, yes, i have wdtwitternew in the folder, its version 1.0.0.0 dated 03/08/2017 if that helps, that was probably the date i last updated wd though, i have added a screen shot of the settings

I have tested with that old version
and a long tweet (longer than 140) would not go through (as there is code to block that
but the new version that same tweet would go through (as I removed that block in the code)

I do not know what else i can say, i do not have that problem, it works fine here :wink:

I would still be using the latest version, just for good measure
but though do you have WD set to upload the tweet with a picture attached my any chance?

Yes, as shown in the screenshot

then that is why the longer tweets worked auto
the limit was not applied to a tweet with media

HI Brian, yes, that looks like the reason for it, i just removed the image from the settings and waited for a auto update and nothing was sent, i tried a manual send and still would not send a tweet, as soon as i put the image back and did a test send, it worked ok, I will update WD just in case there is ever and issue with the image. Thanks, least we got to the bottom of why it worked ok :slight_smile: