Forecast Question

Hey guys,
I have used Wxsim for years and love it… but would appreciate some advice on when and how often to use the advection data to help improve the forecasting accuracy. I sometimes do forecasts quickly and choose to simply choose the neutral advection data entry. When going through the forecast and the wind direction has changed it recommends “best answer is no if using Ready or GFS (which I use)” I notice like tonight with a very strong early season arctic front coming through overnight here on the east coast in the US that when I choose to use the advection data with the 1st 3 or 4 wind changes to the NW that it produces a low forecast much more in line with the local NWS forecast though still not quite as low. Example with me importing the advection upwind changes it shows a low on Saturday AM of 18.1 still above the NWS point and click of 15 but better than what happens when I run the forecast and choose the neutral advection option. When I run the forecast that way I go from an 18.1 to a 26.9 on the 11th…yikes! I am pretty confident that the NWS will be pretty close to there 15 P&C on the 11th how would you forecast with these considerations? What is the best way to utilize the advection tool with wind shifts? Is it only critical when like tonight a major cold front is coming through? What does good look like when forecasting with Wxsim in these situations? Thanks for your input/thoughts!!
Paul