Raspberry Pi3, Weather Display, Meteotemplate

I would like to switch to a Raspberry Pi 3 to run Weather Display to feed my meteotemplate from a Davis Vantage Pro2 Weatherlink Serial adapter. What version of Weather Display will do this and is it possible to use a serial to usb adapter to connect to the Pi? I am new to the Pi so please be patient with me.

Thanks for any help,

Jay

the default driver might work on linux otherwise search for a linux driver for your adator

I would need to add meteotemplate support to consolewd 64 bit
but otherwise you could try using x86 emulation on raspberrypi to run WD linux 64 bit version

actually it looks like the x86 emulator for the raspberry pi is for 32 bit programs only
also even though the raspberry pi 3 is a 64 bit ARM cpu, the OS is only 32 bit
but you can make it 64 bit
https://devsidestory.com/build-a-64-bit-kernel-for-your-raspberry-pi-3/
but then not sure if say https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/ would run?

in any case, I would add meteotemplate support to consolewd64 (for raspberry pi 3)

another solution:
to have android OS running on your Raspberry pi 3
https://rtandroid.embedded.rwth-aachen.de/downloads/raspberry-pi/

which I can compile and run programs for
(problem will be though with usb/serial data, that will work differently to linux?)

Brian,

Thanks for the ideas. Am trying different options. May need to get a davis usb logger.

Jay

I will see about installing android and testing

actually I had forgot that I had already added meteotemplate support to the current consolewd version

I have added support for meteotemplate to the latest raspberrypi 3 version of consolewd now

Hi everyone,

I’m in a similiar situation. I changed my configuration from an old laptop to a raspberry pi 3 just a few days ago. My RBP3 runs with the latest version of raspbian and i also installed the latest version of
consolewd. However my feed is from a WH 1081 Fine Offset station.

FTP Upload is working, so the clientraw files get uploaded every minute, however the meteotemplate api does not seem to work.

Here’s my config file, hope that is of any help.

Weather station type=166 // Irox=59,WMR100=232,WMR200=233,WMR300=235,WMR968=8,WMR918=3,WM918=1,Davis VP=31,Davis WMMII=4, WH1081=166,2310=60,WXT510=190,3600=61,Davis IP=32, OWWfile=71,universal=34,102=meteobridge,weatherflow=72 meteobridge username= meteobridge IP=192.168.0.1 meteobridge password= Davis com method=2 //1 for serial, 2 for usb data logger OWW file location= Davis VP IP port=22222 // Port for Davis VP IP data logger Davis VP IP address=192.168.2.3 // IP address " " " " " " wh1080 read delay=50 latitude= 53.56 /// latitude, e.g -38.375 for southern hemisphere longitude=-8.58 /// e.g -17idwow5.456 for east of UTC/London Station name= Bremerhaven Start up daily rain(mm)=0.0 Start up monthly rain(mm)=54.3 Do wunderground=N //For updating wunderground.com (set to Y for yes, N for no) (every 5 minutes) Wunderground username= //WU ID Wunderground password= Wunderground timezone= 1 // e.g 12 for 12 hours ahead of GMT, -12 for - 12 hours timezone= (to change the local PC hour used) Direction offset (whole degrees)=0 Barometer offset(hpa)=2 Comport number (e.g 1)=U //For non USB stations (e.g Davis, OS WMR968), use U for ttyUSB0 (i.e usb to serial) Comport custom= Davis com method=2 // 1 for regular 2 for special davis serial read Revb Davis VP=Y (Y for Yes (new model (default) ) N for No) Davis rain gauge=3 (1 for 0.1 inch, 2 for 0.01 inch, 3 for 0.2mm) Do mysql=N //for mysql updates (see the readme for the table structure), every 5 minutes Mysql username= Mysql password= Mysql server= Mysql databasename= Mysql tablename= Mysql metric=Y (set N for oF, inches of rain, inches for baro) Mysql time=300 (time interval between mysql update in seconds from 60 to 10000 sec) Do CWOP updates=N //every 10 minutesidwow CWOP station id= CWOP ham call sign=-1 // -1 is default (you do not have a Ham call sign) CWOP Latitude= CWOP Longitude= Do clientraw FTP=Y //(set to Y for yes, N for no), uploads every 1 minute FTP server= weatherfrog80.bplaced.net FTP username= weatherfrog80_weatherfrog80 FTP password= XXXXXXXX FTP port=21 //default is 21 FTP remote dir= FTP remote dir wx.html=/weather2/uploadCW FTP use passive=Y //(set to Y for yes, N for no) FTP use remote file rename= //Write here the remote name: NOTE that not all FTP servers allow remote file rename" FTP time interval=60 //the interval between two upload of the clientraw.txt and custom file Save logfile=Y //to save the .txt logfile (set to N to save on disk space) Logfile metric=Yidwow Create custom file=Y //converts the custom tags in a file called wxlocal.html to wx.html Use this filename instead of wx.html= Use this filename instead of wx2.html= Use this filename instead of wx3.html= Use this filename instead of wx4.html= Use this filename instead of wx5.html= FTP the custom file=Y //will FTP the wx.html or filename you set to FTP server specified (clientraw FTP needs to be enabled too) Units for custom tag file output: Temp in celsius=Y Wind in=kph // options are: mph,kts,kph,m/s (changes the custom tags) Baro in metric=Y Rain in metric=Y run cron files=Y // set to N to not run the separate cron files do custom log=N // set to Y to create an appended logfile from a template (customlog.txt) custom log out=customlogout.txt temp offset= -1.0 //C wmr300 channel number=1 Rain Offset=0.0 //mm Modified rain gauge= update WOW= //Y or N WOW id= WOW pass= update PWS= //Y or N PWS id= PWS pass= update windfinder= windfinder id= windfinder pass= update meteotemplate= Y //Y or N meteotemplatepass= XXXXXXXX meteotemplateurl= http://weatherfrog80.bplaced.net/template/api.php

Thanks and best regards

Georg

Meteotemplate works or via ftp upload OR api but if you use the api, no need for ftp upload

If you want to use ftp you need to run a cron if I remember, if API, no need for cron

when you are in terminal on the PI and you launch ./wdconsole … you see the lines popping up once running. And every x time a line with the api result (and data)

Once you close the terminal wdconsole doesn’t run anymore as closing the console= killing the process

you need this to get it working without logging in : http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/460785

update meteotemplate= Y //Y or N
meteotemplatepass= XXXXXXXX
meteotemplateurl= http://weatherfrog80.bplaced.net/template/api.php

remove the spaces after the =
and then restart

Thanks a lot Brian, that did it!