Wd database update

Hi Brian,
I was wondering if at some stage (if it’s worth it) it is possible to update the database program to be compatible with later versions of windows i.e windows 10 please?

Regards

Guru

you can set WD to update MYSQL or MSSQL data base

HI,
I’m a bit out of my depth with this stuff. Are there instructions/help on how to do this correctly?

Regards

Guru

to do what correctly exactly?

Setting up SQL and WD to talk to each other

Regards

Guru

localhost or on a web server?
the more information you can provide the better

Sorry, local host. I like a challenge but some tips will help of course!

have tried googling about MS SQL server?
eg
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190699(v=sql.105).aspx

Yes, i have and will have a tinker with it tonight. Looks straight forward in WD. Thought there may have been a tip or two to remember when setting up. Thanks for your prompt response.

Regards

Guru

you could also use Xampp if you want run a local MYSQL server

I am not at home currently but I use the MSSSQL that Brian has included in under Control Panel I would be happy to send you some screenshots.

If you are interested let me know, additionally think about what fields you want to log to MS SQ Server and time interval (currently I use 1 minute capture rate). It is not necessary to capture all fields. Some can be calculated within queries.

How are you planning to view your data? I use MS Access as a front end for displaying data. Happy to walk you through any or all of this that is if interest to you.

I have imported data to a MSSQL DB over past few years converting the 1 minute files (via Excel) to conform to the fields of my main table. From that main table, I have written various queries to insert data to my other tables, that I use for my own reports of extremes, seasonal data, monthly data…etc etc. The main table now has over 6.3 million rows in it. (Data goes back to October 2005)

I have also used the WD MSSQL component to write to the table created by WD, but I don’t really use it for anything other than doing some comparison stuff.

regards

TrevP