Good news

If the data ;pager is off, everything is fine. I can shut WD down and start it up again without any issues.

that is what I thought
so its just something about that function

Correct. Everything else works fine

My guess is that it has something to do with the file system. Apple changed things with high sierra. It work with previous versions of Mac OS X

Crash definitely not weather display caused. Further, the program including the rain amount is working flawlessly since that one anomaly. I presume it was simply a one off.

Actually I think you could be wrong, The data logger software for my station does not work with High Sierra and thats a fact. The reason why is more than likely because apple tinkered with the file system in High Sierra. I have had it working perfectly in previous MAC OS X systems but the minute i upgraded to high Sierra it stopped working. And if you are correct then how do you suggest I fix it?

I have got hold of a mac with high sierra now
will do some testing and investigating

use a new update
it should be OK now
I delayed the history data logger starting up to get data until after WD had finished loading to fix the issue with opening the HID USB port before WD had full privaledges

Awesome!!!

That is great to hear. Just downloading it now. I will let you know how I go

It no longer crashes. Working as it should :smiley:

MD,

So your WD on High Sierra is working fine - no issues ??

Adding in that my WD is running High Sierra for months with no issues.

Running very well. Brian just had to do a minor adjustment to the start procedure and it cured the issue. I think the issues I was having were specific to my brand of station which I’m now looking at changing

Thanks, Good to know

I have a spare mac I use for testing. I keep meaning to spend a day and update to High Sierra to test out.

When you say Brian tweaked something - specific to you or via an update to WD that is avail to all?

Remind me what station HW you are using please? What are you going to get?

I can’t say enough good things for the Davis VP2 wireless. Sure it’s expensive, but it’s been solid for me since 2005. If you do, PM me and I will
give you a good site to order from. They have probably the best prices out there.

I have updated the Mac version with the latest compiler version
some improvements :wink:

Brian just delayed the starting of getting the historical data from my station. I have currently got a fine offset station but am finally prepared to splash the cash and purchase a Davis station. However I am also looking at the weather flow station which has a lightning detector

Gotcha… does davis not have a lightning sensor? Never was interested so never researched it

Davis makes a solid product

No lightning sensor for Davis

I was referring to the weatherflow station. That has a lightning detector. I’m aware the Davis station doesn’t