Good news

That is good news !!!

I want to get a new iMac, but it will come with High Sierra. So want to make sure WD works first :slight_smile:

I see there is new update (well same version but newer date). Will grab that :slight_smile:

Appreciate all your efforts !!!

If I don’t talk to you have a great holiday !!!

Any updates with High Sierra ??

I have a test iMac I could update to if you want me to test anything

I cant see any reason why it would not work
only issue might be with the silican labs USB driver
the version of OSX after this latest is a different story though, its 64 bit, and its not clear if 32 bit apps will run at all
I need to wait for the compiler to be updated to 64 bit for OSX
the new linux version is 64 it though and that is very similar to the Mac version

Thanks,

Will look at the Silabs page. If they say its OK then I may upgrade my older mac up to High Sierra - see what happens

Appreciate it !!!

I have tried it on High Sierra and for my weather station (3081) and it doesn’t work. It will work fine with live data but if you shut WD down then start it again thats where the problems begin. It crashes all the time and you can’t get the historical data from the data logger

Thanks,

I may still try anyways. 1) I have a spare mac 2) I’m using a different station (davis)

I have WD 10.37MAC296 running on my IMAC with High Sierra. Installed WD update about 2 weeks ago and it runs better than any previous version I can remember. No problems

wkentsmith

That is Great news !!!

Can you please share details of your station - ie davis or something else.

Any details would be helpful.

I’m running a Davis VP2 with USB logger

Peet Bros Ultimeter 2000 and I may have spoken too soon. Rained 0.52 inches over about 4 hours today but did not register. Computer crashed at some point so hoping that was the time frame. Will need one more rain to check(original crash data suggested it went out before the rain but after rebooting & reloading data suggests crash later & just maybe after rain stopped).

So do you know what caused the crash, wd or other?

Once you rebooted and relaunched WD, did the missing data come back?

he has a ultimeter…no data logger
there are few rain gauge settings types to get correct

Still can’t get my station to work(WH3080). It will work with live data but when I use the data logger WD keeps crashing

I need to get hold of a mac which has the latest OSX on so I can try and figure out why this occurs

If it helps, If I delete the WDISPLAY.INI file and then restart WDi works

works for the history data you mean?

Sorry I should’ve been more specific. It doesn’t, I just did it to stop it from crashing then I had to put all the settings back in and make sure the data logger is off. I have to keep it on 24/7 as it can’t pick up the historical data. Hopefully I have made it a bit clearer.

Im going to switch it over to WD on Windows which I’m running with parallels. When you’re able to fix the issue I’m going to switch back to the Mac version. If you need me to test anying just el me know

if you have the data logger switch off
it runs OK?
(its still not all that clear)

If the data ;pager is off, everything is fine. I can shut WD down and start it up again without any issues.

that is what I thought
so its just something about that function

Correct. Everything else works fine