Good news

i have improved the resizing of the graphs now by allowing it when the shift key is held down

high sierra is the last OSX version before 64 bit (which WD will not run on, until the compiler I use is updated, which will not be until later next year)

it could be that high seirra is more picky about non sandboxed apps running maybe
( I could code sign WD to be sandboxed)
i.e it could be a permissions thing (you could check on the permissions with high sierra ?)

I have removed high sierra from my imac and now everything is working as it should even getting the historical data! Once you have able to get it working properly with High Sierra I’ll upgrade. For now i’m happy with how everything is running

new gauges under view, weather dials, latest update :slight_smile:

note, if at some stage you have clicked on save in the main screen customisation
then there will be issues with the new gauges
fix:
exit WD
then in the
wdisplayftp.ini file (in / Documents/wdisplay/)

find

[main screen custom]

speedgauge x= ← delete (and the xx value)

speedgauge y= ← delete (and the yy value)

abcompass1 x= ← delete (and the xx value)

abcompass1 y= ← delete (and the yyvalue)

and delete the whole section

[dials screen custom]

Ah, yes. I’d saved some customisations, so I had to delete those bits from the wdisplayftp.ini file.
And it’s come good.

The new gauges look much better than the old flat ones. Much better!

A couple of things I noted. The new gauges are slightly larger, so I had to move one of my custom tags, which was being obscured, and the direction labels are slightly obscured, but nothing to worry about.

Trying to move the gauges was a nightmare. I’d click on the windspeed gauge, and it will leap up and to the left, then I’d try to move it back, and the wind chart would all of a sudden resize, and the rainfall section would disappear. I managed to get things pretty much sorted, but it’s very fiddly at the moment. Pretty much impossible to find the edge. I haven’t managed it yet.

But overall, these are great improvements.

Which lines in the wdisplayftp.ini file control the size and location of the two wind gauges? I might have a play around with that.

the problem with resizing or moving them is that they are scaled down in size a bit
in the settings file
(edit when WD not running)
[main screen custom]

speedgauge x= this is the width

speedgauge y= this is the height

the xx and yy are the coridinates

abcompass1 x= this is the width

abcompass1 y= this is the height

screen shot of new dials

Hello,

So I updated to the latest build and I got the new wind dials, which do look nice :slight_smile:

The numbers indicating the windspeed are hard to read based on color. Question, where do I change the color of the numbers inside windspeed?

Also I have been following this thread alot. I hate to sound dumb, but I can’t figure out how to re-size them

Do you have one of your cool youtube videos for this?

Thanks

you can set the dial colour in control panel, colour setup

I have posted above how to resize

Thanks, will try when home.

Ref sizing. I saw that. Stupid question but what is the unit of measurement? inches, pixels etc

speedgauge x= this is the width

speedgauge y= this is the height

the xx and yy are the coridinates

abcompass1 x= this is the width

abcompass1 y= this is the height

it does not really matter
just change the number, and see what the result it
if its not enough, then increase or decrease that number
I could make it in the main screen customisation where you could adjust the size of the dials via a spin selecter

or easier just delete from the wdisplayftp.ini file, when WD is not running
speedgauge x=
speedgauge y=
abcompass1 x=
abcompass1 y=

Thanks Brian I like the new dial. I just want to change the color of the number so I can read them and I don’t seem to be will to do that as you saw from screenshot

you should be able to via the colour setup, main screen…dials numbers

From my prior post the colors change when I click on the Dial and get the pop up but when I’m in WD itself there still the color I can’t read look at the screenshots I think that will make more sense

you are refering to the weather dials screen (e.g from view, weather dials)
i.e so you have changed the colour for the weather dials
you should be able to change the colour of the main screen gauges and not the weather dials gauges
from the colour setup

I’m not sure how to Word this but

In the control panel for colors I do change them for the dials

In the main WDs screen they don’t change if I click on something in the main W screen pops up a new window the colors change their

Look at my prior post where I show this you can see in WD it’s one color print in the pop-up it’s another color

Here is the screenshot again take a look and I think you’ll see what I mean

yes
but
in the colour setup, you can change either the weather dials or the main screen gauges colours (different tabs)