Good news

I managed to get a usb to serial adaptor working on my Virtual Box OSX
took me a few hours though…to find the right driver …ended up I had to try a different adaptor (FTDI based) and this driver
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/MacOSX/FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_18.dmg

so now easier to debug/improve/work on the WD mac version :slight_smile: (which is back in the downloads)

have made more improvements in the latest update
the auto zip back up works now

and the real time graph is improved
and in the weather dials screen, the actual data value is shown now

Thanks Brian. Appreciate your efforts as always. Quick question, I tried the new download briefly the other night and did not have success communicating with the Rainwise logger - do i need to install the driver you provided in the previous post?

Thanks
Paul

what driver /what post?

which version were you using that does work?

This from your earlier post -http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/MacOSX/FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_18.dmg - I may have not understood what it is for.

The version I am using is old - v10.37s-24, last version that works consistently for me.

that post was just about a driver that I was able to use for my Mac on virtual box, that is all

@mfd38
it would be good if you could provide more info than it does not work
i.e there should be debug info under view, debug , etc

Yep, will do. My attempt the other night was very brief, I did not have the chance to spend much time with it. I’ll wait until I can block out some time to give it a real effort.

latest update some minor cosmetic improvements and added support for the home weather template

Brian, I have been using the latest build 290 for the past 24 hrs - performing well :). I am monitoring the upload of the climatedataout.html and dailynoaareport.htm files as they did not upload last night. I was able to upload them manually using the option in the setup panels so maybe it was just a one off last night.

Thanks for your continued support, much appreciated.
Paul

I have figured out how to get drag and drop working for the Mac version now
i.e so you can customise the main screen or a custom screen (i.e move things around)

If i download the latest version, can I now customise the main screen?

I am still working on it
was just at my daughters college prize giving, where she got Proximy Dux :slight_smile:

ready now
was alot of hours of work
make sure to click on save back under setup, advanced/misc, main screen, after doing the customisation

you should be able to get to show custom tags and move them around now etc

Thank you. I’m trying it now. All I need now is to be able to download the history from my data logger(WH3080)

UPDATE: Everything worked. I was able to move things around. The only thing I wish I could do was to use the control button to make things bigger like the graphs

I should be able to make it where you can drag the corner of the graphs to make them bigger (like you can do with a group box)

that works now, latest update
(bit tricky though to find the corner /edge)
I need to also do the same for the custom images

I will also add all this to the linux version

have the custom image resize working and the graph resize should be better
latest update

Man, this is brilliant! Have moved a few things around to create a bit of space, and added a couple of custom tags. So now, data that was hidden away on other screens is sitting in front of me all the time. No clicks, no probs!

Fantastic. Nice work!

good its working for people (make sure to have the latest update…fixed a few things)
I want to get the custom screen working this way next

this is something that has been missing from the mac version , but not anymore :slight_smile: