No data being pulled from Davis Vantage Pro 2 (resolved)

My system stopped pulling data from the Davis Vantage Pro 2 a couple days ago.

Here is what I have tried:

Upgraded to Version 10.37S Build 58 (was using Build 57 before this).
The green light is not indicating any new data is being received. Both new data and data quality are blank.

I was using a serial port bridge connection to USB.
I switched to USB data logger. I have confirmed the data logger com port and the WD com port are set the same. Data speed is 19200.
(Before switching from serial to USB, the light on the serial was lighting as if sending data to the computer, but computer WD was not showing it was getting).

Debug info reads:

Time: 20:20
Date: 10/23/2017
Gauge at max
All data downloaded or did not sync correct!
formatting the VP data
vp data read in 2
VP data Date = 23/10/2017
VP data Time = 20:20
Weather station type number 31

connected OK to com port 7
connected OK to com port 7

End of Debug info

I have the Vantage Pro console unplugged from the wall running on batteries.

The data it is pulling, if it is pulling, is wrong from what is displayed.

Currently it is 48.7 F out but WD says it is 64.7 (which is what it has been saying all along)

Have rebooted the computer several times, including total power down.

It reads 21.9 MPH when it is 7 MPH.

While doing this it has been crashing periodically (even with console unplugged from power).

Running windows 7 Ultimate.

its not clear if this is a new problem with using the latest version or?

It started this weekend, I upgraded to see if that resolved it, it did not. The crashing is new. Before last night it would randomly restart. Now it crashes while troubleshooting.

The problem was before upgrading to latest version. Stuck on set temp and wind speed.

if you could .zip and email me your settings files , I will do a test here with my spare VP console

Happy to. Which files you need?

I also have my firewall and anti virus shut down thinking one was blocking access to the port.

Be advised I switched back to my com port bridge connection with phone line cable. I like having the unit plugged in. When I started the computer, it indicated it was receiving data. My bridge has a light that blinks.

Instructions in the FAQ.

Got it, will make new backup of registry and send them to you per the FAQ. Thanks!

emailed to email address in FAQ, is that you? Thank you very much!

No, that’s Brian’s email. I’m just the guy who posts that link a few times a week :lol:

Strange. I have a VP2 connected via IP and using the latest version of WD. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. No problems here.

that is not strange, as you have an IP data logger

@kites0852
I am not able to duplicate the problem where with your settings
but that is with a USB data logger
I think I have a serial one…I will try that

no problem with a serial data logger either
but that is serial to a serial to usb adaptor

are you straight serial to a desktop pc?

Thank you for all you are trying for me.

I have a Vantage Pro 2 connected to the data logger. It connects to the phone cord and then to a Comport Bridge to USB adapter directly to the back of the Dell Studio Hybrid. It has been working for about 7 years this way.

It stopped pulling data (well it appears to pull data, but does not change it in Weather Display) and is stuck in Weather Display showing 67.4 Deg and 29.1 MPH winds. I pulled the data log yesterday. It looked odd. It showed 0 for month and 0 for day in log.

I have disabled firewall thinking that was stopping it.

Trying to figure why it stopped last Friday. (Email from Weather Underground saying my system stopped reporting). No changes had been made for several weeks.

My weather website is www.doghauswx.com. It shows the data it has been uploading. We are in 30s/40s and maybe into 50s during the day right now.

Maybe do a clean install of Weather Display?

try the latest .zip update of WD and let me know

I will certainly give that a try. I will do that when I get home. Trying to figure out where the disconnect is between the system. If the settings work fine for you, and displays correctly in your WD, then it has to be in the computer or WD itself on my end. I will let you know what happens. It will be later, it is 1230 ish pm here and I won’t get home for several more hours.

Thank you again!!!

there is more info about what might have gone wrong in the other thread about what appears to be a similar issue

I will set the debug info and see what it says.

Very similar. My data and data quality lights stay dark in WD. I do have some older versions of WD (thankfully I am lazy and don’t delete them).

I will try your first suggestion of using the latest zip file and put those files in WD directory. If that does not work, I will do an install, recommended in the other thread in a new directory and see if that works. If none of this works, I will try an older version in a new folder.

I will post my results later this evening (after I get off work and go home to try).

the other users with direct serial report the latest .zip update is working for them