Davis Vue Humidity Readings

My Vue is over 7 years old and was working ok up to recently. My issue is the Humidity readings will not read over 90%. In cases where i know it should read near 100% it still stays at 90. Any ideas on anything i can check or is it a case of a new ISS?

cheers

you could try replacing just the temp/hum sensor

I don’t think you can do that on the Vue…

Yes i do believe from reading other threads that Davis are not providing replacement temp/hum sensors anymore.

I have had 4 Vue humidity sensors fail. The first time was after 5 years of use the readings started to go haywire, eventually reading 1%. I replaced the complete sensor head but had another failure within 6 months. I made a claim under the warranty and the agent sent me a new sensor, which I fitted. This worked for about 6 months before failing again. This time the agent had the complete head back and replaced the sensor. They complained that the head was infested with small fruit flies and this might have been the cause of the failure. A further 6 months on the humid readings started going haywire plus the temperature started reading -67 (it was the height of summer!). I stripped the head down and found a large number of fruit flies so at this point I decided to use my old unit and forget humidity readings. After looking around at what other systems are available I have purchased a WMR300 and will bin the Vue. I will site the new system further away from the house and hope the sensors don