Help needed with Extra Sensors Graphing

what interval do you have set for the extra sensor graph update
ie are you comparing the same with same
and what custom tags are you using for the main screen to show those values

Extra sensor graph update interval is 60 seconds.

I’m not sure what you mean by custom tags. Labels? If so, Pond and Soil labels.

The pond is about 4000 gallons of water so not very fast to change. The soil temp probe is buried about 10 inches below the surface in a raised bed garden. Not fast to change either.

what custom tags are you using for the main screen (for the pond and soil)

In the Setup /Extra/Misc/Custom Screen Settings…Custom Labels and Custom Tags…none are used.

that means that the pond value is the indoor temperature data value
you can add custom tags to show the extra temp data you want to see

This look correct as far as custom tags go?

The temperature difference between what’s shown on the Main Screen and in the Dallas 1-Wire Reader is my concern.

Dallas 1-Wire Reader:

Extra temp #1 is showing 8.2C (46.76F).
Extra temp #2 is showing 6.9C (44.42F).

Main Screen:

Pond is 49.5F
Soil is 52.0F

I do not have an indoor temp sensor anywhere.

main screen.JPG

no, that is not how you set to use custom tags on the main screen
I do have a youtube video showing how to set that

I had no idea you added those features to WD! That’s great! Problems solved.

Guess this ancient Weather Display user needs to update more often.

thanks, Brian.

Can I change font size and make bold the custom labels?

Can I change the color of the custom labels and data value?

If so, how? I don’t see anything in the video regarding this.

PondSoil.JPG

CustomLabel.JPG

you can change the colour of some of the custom tags to use the data colour if you are using the latest update of WD
the font is the same otherwise as the other labels

which can look a little strange when you add a custom label to the graph area. . . see custom label "Garden %extratemp1%

CustomLabel.JPG

true, that is not using the graph labels font
it could do
got to have something for you guys to complain about though

Complain? Think of us as testers. . . :slight_smile:

The colour “tick box” control in S59 for Current Conditions custom labels isn’t “sticky”. Despite saving changes it reverts to the colour of the other labels on restart.

Colour for custom labels in Graph Area works OK. (It shows original colour at restart but then picks up the set colour when the graph values are populated.)

P.S. Not a custom label, but “BFT font size” isn’t sticky either.

Since my last post, the custom label in the Graph Area retains its colour at restart but not its size. I am now running S62, and I use “Set screen size 20% increase from normal”. The problems described below occur on the “Client” screen shown and the main (“Server”) screen.

Capture.JPG shows how I like the screen set up: lime green custom labels in Current Conditions and Graph Area; regular BFT font; and thin line for rain.

Capture2.JPG shows the screen after a restart: custom labels in Current Conditions now white like the standard labels; custom label in graph area still green but smaller; bold BFT; and thick line for rain.

The only way of correcting the labels is first to go into Control Panel/Colours/Labels Font and just OK the font shown (which resizes the Graph Area label but makes it white), then go into Setup/Advanced/Main Screen Customisation and OK the Graph Area label colour (which turns all custom labels back to green).

This is a daily chore, and so I usually can’t be bothered with BFT and rain. . . but it would be nice if they all stayed how I set them.

I have tested having a custom tag in the current conditions set to be the data colour
and that works OK on restart
and same for the graph area
are you using the latest update of WD?

S62 downloaded on 31 December, so not the absolute latest. But, as my post of 30 October shows, the label colour problem has been present since you first told us colour was available in S58/S59. The graph label size problem happened some time later, otherwise I wouldn’t have reported it as working then.

BFT font and rain line thickness problems have been present for ages.

You should be using the latest update as it’s ok here in testing as per my post above

As expected, no difference here using the latest version. Custom label colour (Current Conditions) and size (Graph Area) still wrong after a restart, whether the screen is default size or 120%.

Does BFT font and rain graph thickness work OK for you, too?