Webpage Update times

Hello all

Regarding my website: www.deputydawgwx.com

I noticed today then when I go there on the main page where it shows the “updated” time, it will show as the last hour. For example it is 13:16 now and the web page shows 13:00. if I stay on that page the update time will change every 10 seconds as it should.

However, if i click anywhere else and then come back “home” boom it goes back to 13:00. Also the 5 mins ago 15 mins ago etc are off/not updating

Working with Brian on an unrelated WD issue he had me make these changes:
if you go to control panel
internet file creation and uploads
then click on set
for the file #29, 2nd tab
you will see its set to be created every 5 minutes
click on every hour

instead

same for file #31 and 32 (set a one time only i.e daily)
do the same for the upload times

I honestly don’t think this would make a difference, but worth mentioning.

Attached is a screen shots of two screen shots combined (vs. uploading 2 files).

Thoughts??

Thanks
paul

I am guessing if the updated time is derived from testtags.php before AJAX takes over then this will be the cause as that file is now only being updated/uploaded once an hour (file #29). This would affect the 5 min ago etc in trends also.

thanks… what is a good value to set #29 to (can’t recall if i had it at 1 min or 5 min)

I changed #29 to 5 mins. That seemed to have helped alot

Or should I have made it 1 min?

No, it should be set to the same time as the logging interval on your weather station. I use 5 minutes for both the Davis logger and for the FTP update of testtags.php

Thanks I will go back and check. Think my upload times are 1 min.

I recall when I first set up WD, it was suggested to use 1 min. But that was 2007. Now that I have a dedicated web page updating all the time, I should re-think.

Good side is if power goes out etc, it holds more.

But are there any down side to going 1 minute.

but I was wanting you to have WD Mac version to do less work
i.e not update every 1 minute
that is the whole point of this change
to see if you can pin point where the problem is you are having with the WD mac version

i can keep at 5 mins. I kept the others at hourly

set it to hourly please
as this is the whole reason
to see if that lets WD run for longer before you encounter the problem you get with the WD mac version

Ok… will update when i’m home… Trying to wrap up and get out of the office. then my wonderful 1 hour+ commute home. Gotta love atlanta traffic LOL

Just my personal opinion but I think that’s a bad message to send. There are many WD/Davis users who use a one minute archive interval. IMHO asking WD to update all the testtags tags (especially if they are using one of the enhanced versions) is really loading up the system. It’s also contrary to what I had understood as the design philosophy of the AJAX template - the fast updating parameters will be updated from clientraw in a few seconds after the page is opened anyway.

yes, exactly, my thoughts