NOAA XML Warning email format...

For some reason, when I get the NOAA XML warning emailed to me the format is wrong… I get no line breaks in the email… just one long, run-on email…

I have two stations, and one of them does it correctly… so there must be something I screwed up when I set it up… But… I don’t recall where I customized that or where I configured that… if I even did?

Here is what it looks like…
NOAA XML Warning ----------------------------- CAZ048 Excessive Heat Watch issued October 20 at 2:50AM PDT until October 24 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS … GUSTY WEST WINDS IN PORTIONS OF THE MOUNTAINS AND DESERTS TODAY… … UNSEASONABLY HOT WEATHER IN THE COASTAL AREAS AND VALLEYS MONDAY AND TUESDAY… .A trough moving inland across the West Coast will bring gusty west winds in portions of the mountains and deserts today, Excessive Heat Watch ****************

Here is what the working one looks like… same warning…
[color=red]NOAA XML Warning

CAZ048
Excessive Heat Watch issued October 19 at 10:01PM PDT until October 24 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS

Unseasonably Hot Weather in Coastal and Valley Areas Monday and Tuesday…
.Santa Ana Winds and strong high pressure aloft will develop this weekend and
bring a strong warming trend. By Monday, many locations west of the mountains will
have temperatures at or above 100 degrees. Tuesday will likely be the hottest day,
with
Excessive Heat Watch

…Unseasonably Hot Weather in Coastal and Valley Areas Monday
and Tuesday…[/color]

are you using the latest version (and all the latest cron files…e.g via the full install)

Yes… I updated just prior to posting the question, to be sure. All current full install. Is there a customization file that may be affecting this output?

compare the modified create time of the cronweatherwarningemail program maybe

I don’t see any program with the cronweatherwarningemail name??

wdwarningemail.exe

Looks current… 7/12/2017 version…

I am still having this problem… on the weather warning emails… even the ‘test’ emails… Weather report emails are fine… just the warnings seem to be missing the linebreak
/return type of thing that breaks the lines up…
I’ve updated again to the most recent version… fails on my one site and is fine on another…

Here is what it looks like again…
WEATHER WARNING TEST ! THIS IS A TEST ! THIS IS A TEST ! ----------------------------- 51mph average windspeed was exceeded ! ----------------------------- Time of event was : 10:12 am Date of event was : 12/07/17 Current conditions : Windspeed 12.4 mph Direction ENE 059

I have also noted the font is different on the weather warnings than the weather reports… is there a template or a formatting that is applied to the weather warnings that could cause this? By the lack of replies I can only assume that either I’m the only one who has seen this or nobody has any idea how this got to be like this…

I send these emails out to school districts to alert them to possible school day events… needless to say, it isn’t all that impressive when they get emails that are so badly formatted by Weather-Display.
:frowning:

you could try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwarningemail.zip

Okay… this is what I get now when I run a test using the new file… like there are no line breaks in it…
The second lines are what I get on the WD install that does it right…

NOAA XML Warning ----------------------------- CAZ048 There are no active watches, warnings or advisories

and how it should look…

NOAA XML Warning

CAZ048
There are no active watches, warnings or advisories

Do you mean the normal version from the WD install is actually ok?
It’s a bit confusing

Happy Holidays to you and yours Brian! Sorry this has been a confusing issue and I’m thankful for the time you put into solving it for me. I finally figured it out!! There was an issue with the Email Warning Setup if I chose the box “Use html format” under the ‘Custom Options/All Time Records’ tab. For some reason when that was checked the warning emails would come with no line breaks… so there may be a bug in how the html formatting is done there… for now I just have that off and the plain text warning emails seems to be as I had seen on other installs. It just took me forever to find what was different in this single install than on all the others!

I’m posting this so you can check it out if you feel up to it, and if not then it is here for anybody to find via search should they encounter the same thing.

you would normally have that setting in use if you were using a custom email and were you were using HTML and then you would also use

and