Problem with Yesterday's Max Rain Rate

Not sure if this is a bug or user error…

My %maxrainrateyest% and %maxrainrateyesttime% tags don’t seem to be working properly…

%maxrainrateyest% = 0.000
and
%maxrainrateyesttime% = —

but there was a non zero rain rate yesterday…

Any ideas?

Running 10.37S - Build 58 w/ a Davis VP2 on Windows 10.

–Paul

is WD running all the time? (i.e at your reset time)

Yes. And all the other “yesterday” data seems to work fine, temps, baro, rain amount, solar, etc… Just the yesterday rain rate seems to be broken.

–Paul

looks like a bug
I will see about fixing for the next update

Not sure what the official status is on this one, but I’ve noticed with Build 69 that the %maxrainrateyesttime% seems to be working now, it’s recording the correct time of the max rain rate yesterday, but %maxrainrateyest% is still 0.000

–Paul

try a new .zip update and see if that fixes it

Finally got some rain… Value is non-zero now, but still doesn’t seem to be right. Could just be units conversion, but it doesn’t look like mm/in or min/hr to me…

Max Rate Yest = 0.071 in/hr at 10:19pm

Here is the month record recorded at the same time…
Max Rate Month = 5.16 in/hr on 02-May-2018

I don’t have access to my web page source at the moment, but I think the monthly max rate is using %mrecordrainrate%

–Paul

note %maxrainrateyest% is reporting mm or inches per minute
be carefull when comparing to mm or inches per hour

Still something not right… assuming it’s unit conversion… .071 in/min = 4.2 in/hr. so it’s still not the 5.16 in/hr that was recorded in the month max tag. I have no reason to doubt the 5.16 in/hr, it was backed up by the Davis display recording a similar max…

Next time we get some rain I can pull down the raw tag data…

–Paul

Got some rain yesterday and tags seem to be working fine… Not sure what was going on with the month max rate vs. yesterday max rate the other day… now that I have all the tags recording, I can check that next time I get a monthly max rate. Could have been user error…

Today:
maxrainrate = 0.000
maxrainratehr = 0.000
maxrainratetime = 00:00 AM
maxrainrateyest = 0.008
maxrainrateyesthr = 0.474
maxrainrateyesttime = 12:58 AM

Yesterday:
maxrainrate = 0.008
maxrainratehr = 0.474
maxrainratetime = 12:58 AM
maxrainrateyest = 0.035