OBTAINING GFS DATA FROM CHRIS MC MAHON FOR USE IN WXSIM SOFTWARE.

Hello,

This seems to me to be an odd problem, that is not really a problem. Lets look at the what we know.

1. You have a computer that has Wxsim software on it that is not connect to the interenet.
  2. You have your dads computer that is down the hall from you (about 10 Metres)
  3. You have Wifi in the dwelling because you said that your android phone is connected to the internet
  4. I am assuming that you have no network cable to your room so that you can plug it into the network port of your computer.
  5. I am assuming by what you said that your computer does not have WiFi capability.

Conclusion,
Why don’t you buy a USB to Wifi adapter for your computer. Then connect it to the WiFi in the house. I am sure that you have the WiFi passcode as you have it on your phone.

To me, from what you said, with the purchase of a USB to WiFi adapter you would have what you need, rather that trying to get an unconventional work arounds that are not sound.

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/best-80211ac-usb-wi-fi-adaptors-2015-uk-3516879/

Gary