Upgrade to High Sierra

but you said before that it worked OK in a terminal window
I am confused

It worked at first but when I logged out then in again it wouldn’t do it. No great drama I just rolled back the Mac OS X and all is good. It works fine

Fusion or SSD?
Fusion drives do not have the new file system, but SSD does and that is wreaking havoc on Weathercat people. I have a fusion drive and no problems, but that probably will change when the file system happens for fusion.

A longshot expensive solution. You can always use Parallels for the virtual partition, then install windows 10, or 7 or whatever you might get hands on. Then load Weatherdisplay and run it from there unitl Brian gets his program working.

OF course , you could also flesh out the new file system and see where apple put Weatherdisplay . OR even try to save the data elsewhere. Then delete every thing but the log files and data files. delete Weatherdisplay, but you have the data. Reboot, re-install ( you will have to get a new registration from Brian) and put in your log and data files.

My thoughts is that it might put everythign where it is suppposed to go. OR I could be full of beans as i am guessing a solution

I just removed high sierra and am back running sierra. At the moment everything is running just the way it should

was there any error in the terminal when running it from there?

I think it said a runtime error. I’m reinstalling High Sierra then WD. If the error still occurs i’ll post a screen shot

I have worked out, when you install WD for the first time it will work ok and won’t crash but if you shut it down and then start it again it will crash. I have attached a copy of the terminal window

it might be a problem with something in ether the WDISPLAY.INI or wdisplayftp.ini settings files
if you backup and then delete those, in turn, which one causes the problem, and then .zip and email me that

I have sent you an email of the offending file with a little more detail of what I think it is

Which file do you think is offending… What do you suspect the issue is? Just curious

I made it to Sierra and not immediate plans on High Sierra, but will down the road i’m sure.

Thanks

it turned out to be an issue with the weather station type (WH3081) and the history data loading
High Sierra is not available here yet for me to upgrade too

Thanks, good to know… I’m on a Davis VP2 so hopefully that one will be OK

Defiantly NOT ready to go up to High Sierra yet

Have you had any luck with the issues with High Sierra yet?

I notice that the program will run and look like it is going to download the data on the logger (I have a usb Davis Envoy) and then it crashes. If I immediately abort the logger download then it runs.
I guess something with the mac version addressing the logger download.

this version of OSX was not available in this country last time checked
will check again

High Sierra is causing too many problems with WD. I have removed it from my Mac. I recommend people stay away from it.

what was the other problems you had apart from the data history extraction?
(the more information you can provide the better)

After writing an email to Brian, it was the internet switch. I have been only recording data locally and the switch was on, so I flipped it off and so far we have been running just fine. Hmmmm I am going to need to do some work here, but it works fine with High Sierra . I have a fusion drive so I do not have the advance file system yet. I doubt ever.

you just need to find which internet function was causing the problem for you Ardvark
will not be related to high seirra