Help with conveting to V3

Ken,

I made a mess out of trying to convert from v2 to v3. I’m done for the night (as you should be too), but can you give me a hand sometime this week?

I’m not understanding the settings in the files and I’m not sure how to use the WD plugin (I’m sure it’s obvious; I’ve been at it too long.)

Thanks,

Ed

Sure… sent a PM with contact info…

Thanks

I have fought through most of my issues, a big one was testtags was showing ‘Ed’s weather’ and then stalling. Changed it to ‘Eds weather’. It’s working fine now.

I can’t get ajax-dashboard.php to display. I’m calling it using wxindex.php. Any suggestions on where I should start looking?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Yes, putting an apostrophe/single quote (') in the name causes an issue with PHP in testtags.txt which uses paired single quotes to load the variables – the extra (naked) single quote causes a PHP fatal syntax error. You could use code

Ed\' Weather

in the station name and that would work … the ' escapes the single quote and causes it to be used as a literal, not a terminating single-quote for the string.

You can run http://www.eds-weather.info/check-fetch-times.php?show=versions to see what needs updating… there are some parts of the V3 template set missing on your website.

The ajax-dashboard.php may be having issues due to some missing files. I’d suggest you use the version info data, locate and update the files mentioned, then your dashboard will likely display correctly.