Davis Vantage Pro 2 with Serial Com Data Logger Issue

I have used a Davis Vantage Pro 2 for updating my weather web page for 10 years. I had a problem with the console originally in use, so switched it with another (I have three total). I connected the logger into the back and for a few months it has been working well.

I run Windows 7 (computer cannot be upgraded higher, it is a Dell Studio Hybrid - it is a tiny CPU and works well).

Yesterday, my website started to show all sorts of goofy settings (high 212 low -100+). I thought the hard drive was going bad in the computer, it has been running 8 years 24/7.

I had a new HDD for it, so I installed it today and performed a restore I had made.

I upgraded to the latest Weather Display software today.

When it starts, I only get some reading in the lower area, but nothing in the current area. It was blinking data coming in but had red for data quality. Now it doesn’t do that anymore, either.

So figuring it is not a computer problem (I did confirm the COM Port and ensured WD was using the same COM port) I have turned to the connection between the console and the computer.

I found updated drivers for my COM to USB adapter. Didn’t resolve.

I have ordered a new Data Logger which looks to be USB. Am I missing anything else it could be?

Thank you for the assistance.

what shows in WD under view, debug info?

I will check, thanks for the lead!

Well, I restored from an older backup. The one I used yesterday I made yesterday before changing the HDD.

I was using Outpost Pro for my firewall. I did not realize that Outpost had changed and was no longer supporting their product. They combined with another company (so much for lifetime).

I didn