Issue with WXSIMLite and Autocompare after power failure

Hi Tom,

on the 20th of September I had a power failure on my Weather PC.
This generated some log issues when trying to obtain local data via WXSIMATE - Henrik Jessen help me and this part is working fine.

But since the WXSIMLIte and Autocompare lists an “Error 9” and will not comply with their runs.

I have attached recent Detail logfiles from this morning - will you please look at these and if possible guide me?

Best regards

Christian

details_www.cpvejr.dk.zip (290 KB)

Sorry for the slow response! Got busy and hadn’t checked the forum for a couple weeks. :frowning:

The details.txt shows empty data for lots of days, and I would have to see the .wxf files from one or more of those days to see if something’s wrong with them. However, you said the error is in WXSIM-Lite, right? Is it still happening? Could you send a screen shot of the error message, along with the background (showing the state of the program).

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom,
I have now picked out the first generated .wrf-files from 16th to 24th of September 2017.
Tomorrow morning I will perform a screendump.
I only have WXSIMLite running - turned off WRET and Autolearn.

f17091804.zip (299 KB)

Attachment # 2

f17092021.zip (296 KB)

Attachment #3

f17092308.zip (297 KB)

Hi Tom,

and now screendumps…

Br.

Christian

Hi Christian,

I had this same problem several times. Mostly after a crash or power loss.
I found out that the problem in my case always was the WD log file.
In your case the 92017lg.txt must be corrupted at the time when the power loss occurs.
There must be bad or corrupted data.
Try to repait that lines or copy and paste some good lines.

Good luck.

Brgds,
Oebel

Did you get this fixed? After power failures, WD often writes a line or more of bad data into log files (like 102017lg.txt). I believe I have wret.exe able to help you locate the bad line with an error message with information about the last good line. In any case, the line will be at about the time and date when you first got the problem, and you can correct it manually. There are also some more rare transpositions of whole blocks of data, like part of one day’s data getting stuck in the middle of a different day! I don’t know why these things happen (they’re fairly rare), but it’s not too hard to fix them. Please let me know if you need any help with that.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Please help - I have not come any closer to a solution to my problem.
I simply cannot locate “the faulty line”.

Best regards

Christian

Problem solved - Henrik Jessen from Silkeborg Vejret found the errors in the log file…

/Christian