Wind direction WD and WDL vary.

I can not understand when the wind direction shows in WD 360 degrees why WDL shows 1 degree.
I could not set the same parameter in this area and I do as I can, it just can not.
Interestingly, if you disconnect WDL data from a web page, the scale is automatically set to 0 degrees.
Does anyone have any explanation for this?
I attach pictures of the wind direction scale.

WD.png

WDL.png

I think you are just going to have to try and live with this quirk?
(but though have you looked at what the value is in the clientraw.txt file?)

I think I discovered a really mysterious thing.
If I set the wind direction by -5 degrees lower in WD, and I set the anemometer to 360 degrees, WDL shows 0 degrees.
The clientraw file also reports 0.
but if the direction of WD remains set to 0 clientraw will show 360 degrees, but WDL will stop at 1 degree.
Really interesting.
So I will have to add 5 degrees to the console and in WD, it will be down again to keep the value at 0 degrees in WDL.
Here the test pictures.

clientraw.png

clientraw.2.png

direction.png

direction.png

I would not be making your wind direction 5 degrees in accurate to fix 1 degree problem at one particular reading
that does not make sense

It does not really mean it, I just wonder what the problem is and why this is happening.

you would need to find out from the author of WDL why 1 is shown instead of 0 (or 360)
but to be honest its not something that I would rate as a high importance

I thought you were the author of WDL. :wink:
But you’re right, it’s nothing to bother.

no, i am not the author of WDL
Julian Best is

For whatever reason, it was a conscious design decision by Julian (Softvark):

yeah, I do remember this a bit being discussed before :wink:

It’s a little paradox I would say.
The WDL scale can not illustrate the 360 degrees we already know.
But it’s more like the clientraw.txt file where it would have to display a 360 degree 0 degree, as I have in Figure 2, then it would not be impossible.
I remember the Meteohub Silver DC-01 where this problem was not.
But as I say, it’s just a piece of it.

how often are you going to get an exact 0 or 360 wind direction for very long for anyone to notice a 1 degree difference in WDL ?

To tell the truth, he noticed one site visitor who wrote me why he showed 1 degrees in WDL and the 360-degree WD on the WD mainboard.
It was sometimes in the autumn when the wind did not blow and the rudder stopped at 360 degrees.
A truly mindful visitor. :lol:
Now it’s happened to me again so I first noticed it.

13 posts about 1 degree winddirection… :smiley:

Unfortunately there’s no single agreed standard for 360 or zero for north. Aviation generally uses 360 and sea/land navigation likes zero :dontknow:

Just thought I would throw that irrelevant fact into the mix :lol: I know it doesn’t explain what appears a somewhat strange choice to convert 360 to 1 but pre-written graphics packages do sometimes force some strange work-arounds.