Testtags upload issues

you need to make sure to tick to use downloaded metars
in the custom web page setup
in the webfiles/web page setup

That is what was missing… Again Thanks Brian and appreciate your help (as well as others) on this while I try to recover everything. So many options I just simply cannot remember where everything is!!

I am basically starting WD over from scratch eliminating a lot of the “extras” that were never used anyway, no uploading of any images since I do not use them - Performance seems to be hugely better.

HOWEVER, now all I need to do it get my webcam image running properly. Is there an in-depth tutorial on how to do this properly? I followed a few of the posts and did most of it yet, the Webcam program never starts on WD startup, and I cannot remember how to add time / temp/ etc. overlay on image. I also cannot get the camera to upload… which makes sense if the webcam program is not running.

I would like to also put the webcam image as the default pic on the WD main screen icon.

ADDITIONALLY, my windrose on my site is only showing a “-S” with no image. Is this related to testtags / WD? Nothing has been done on the site so I suspect it is a setting someplace. I use a PNG not gif or jpg as my windrose image on the site. After a bit of investigation, it appears the wind direction is being read from the METAR which I do NOT want as the METAR has a “-S” as well.

Once these issues are resolved then my WD should be back to 100% and I shall make absolute certain to backup registry entries etc. and keep them in a non-volatile location.

re the web cam
I do have a you tube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5lptNpTaq8&feature=youtu.be

full list
http://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php

VERY helpful webcam video… although a little quick, but pause and play worked out beautifully! Webcam setup completed and working although my tags are not working - only %date% etc is showing on the image.

Can we focus on the problem with the windrose please?

I am still, after 24 hours, showing ONLY a “-S” in the area where the windrose image is supposed to be. What would need to be shown or information given to help resolve this please?

Once this last issue is fixed then I think all else is good and I have recovered nicely.

that is not my area of expertise (i.e I am not the author of the script you are using, etc)

Hi,
I can see the -S to the right of the current conditions icon and also a windrose below and left.
Perhaps the box containing -S is supposed to show a full text description of the current conditions?
Your testtags.php has the following lines with -S as a value which your page must be picking up presumably as you have “use the metar to update WDs main weather condtion report” ticked in the METAR setup? I don’t have that ticked.

$current_summary = “-S”;
$Currentsolardescription = “-S”; // Sun status text from Metar
$weatherreport = “-S”; // Current Weather Conditions from selected Metar

I can see solar and UV values on your page so if you have a solar sensor the conditions icon and text should be set from that when not raining or night etc.

Image2.jpg

Martyn;

SPOT ON!!!

I have unchecked thsat and all is well… I apologize as I was using the wrong terminology stating the windrose was the problem when in fact it was the Current Weather Conditions. Working quickly to try and get everything back up to speed as quickly as possible… but all is well now… Almost as if never went offline!!

Thanks all who have assisted!!

What would cause the DATA RECEIVED and DATA QUALITY “lights” to show only white - no green or flashing red?

Did I screw up something there?

Data_QRLEDs.png

you might possibly have made them too small

I doubled their size, at least, saved, sgut down, rebooted, same result… just white boxes. Any other possible things I can check?

I have not seen this particular issue before so I am not sure what is going on, sorry

Curious: Is there a color setting for those blocks? ie. for flashing and static?

no, there is not
I suspect the problem is in with the customisation you have done (the width and height) etc

I’ll keep playing with that although I cannot seem to locate a “correct size” for the boxes in question. Is there a “default” size someplace (WDISPLAY.ini or elsewhere) I can check and make sure they are set to or edit to resize that?

My webcam image refuses to upload. I can force an upload one time with the test. Timestamped files are being created 2 per minute… one calling itself the default jpgwebcam.jpg and another with the same timestamp named SkyCam.jpg… Obviously appended with the hour/minute. I prefer ONLY the SkyCam.jpg one but… My icon on the WD main screen changes and updates. It appears everything is right except it simply will not upload. YES, FTP settings have been checked numerous times to verify everything is correct… and it must be since everything else uploads fine.

Additionally, no matter how many times I spend reviewing and going step by step, literally, through your web cam setup video it will not upload. I cannot figure this darn thing out. It has now been 36 hours or more now and I just can’t get it to go. I see it is uploading… but when I look at it from an FTP (Filezilla) client it is always the same file with the same timestamp on it in my overlay. I am totally going bonkers here trying to avoid asking for help but I am frustrated beyond belief. It does not look that darn hard to do and I literally have spend near an hour and a half pausing the video every step, completing same on my end, moving to the next step, and so on… I literally have done this 3 times now taking the better part of yesterday and now today yet still no upload success.

for the data received etc
try deleting the registry entry
[main screen custom]’
data_rec x=
data_rec y=

data_qual x=
data_qual y=

when WD is not running

for the web cam upload, post a screen shot of what you have setup up

OK, after safe/exiting I deleted the

[main screen custom]’
data_rec x=
data_rec y=

data_qual x=
data_qual y=

This did reset the boxes placing them back in their originally assigned position - actually smaller than what I had. This did NOT resolve the coloring issue. After verifying this di dnot resolve the color issue I then, without resizing them, moved them to new requested location.

As for webcam… 6 images to be uploaded for your review and to find my stupid error / oversight. :roll:

It will have to come in 2 posts…

2ns set of file for the Webcam issue.

Personally I am using control panel → FTP & connections METAR/NOAA → web cam upload (tab) to upload the file every minute created by the webcam capture 10.05 program and it works fine. Is that what you are trying to achieve - a regularly updating cam image or are you referring to videos?

Yes and no… I am uploading every 5 minutes not every minute using the control panel → FTP & connections METAR/NOAA → web cam upload.

can you post a shot of that screen pls?