Testtags upload issues

I am recovering from a blown up WD and starting virgin fresh. Running b55 at moment and when fully recovered will update to b56.

I am having difficult in 3 areas trying to remember.

1. My TestTags.txt (php) file is not uploading on a regular interval like it is supposed to. I know there is a special file conversion that needs to be done and that is populated (File 29). However my UPLOAD “LED” is not lit and cannot remember how to actually turn on the upload… the same thing with File 28 (ClientRaw).
  2. I cannot get the METAR to download. I have set it up yet nothing.
  3. Webcam image is not uploading. This can be handled later as the 1st two take priority.

Images of my current setup below.

However my UPLOAD "LED" is not lit and cannot remember how to actually turn on the upload... the same thing with File 28 (ClientRaw).

You have set file create times, but under “show file upload times” have you also set times there?

Interesting - I have set that multiple times yet it is still blank. NOW both “LEDs” for FILE UPLOAD are on… for now. Thanks! I do want the clientraw file uploading every minute. Do I still need to “set the upload” times (minimum setting there is every 5 minutes).

Any thought on the METAR?

I use the realtime clientraw upload so not sure. Perhaps just try ticking the “update every minute” box for create and upload and see what happens?

Not sure about METAR. I can see you have the “it is a TAF metar” box ticked whereas I don’t. A TAF is a forecast as opposed to a metar for recent conditions, and not sure it would update WD conditions.
In the metar download directory (c:/wdisplay/metar) can you see a KMKL.met file which has a recent modified date?

Yes, I ticked TAF without realizing it. It has been unticked.

Yes MET file is updating properly but is not populating the testtag entries.

Where am I missing this at? Specifically the tag: %downloadedmetar1vis% tag.
For that matter none of my METAR tags in the testtag.txt(php) file is updating so obviously something I missed somewhere??

your first picture shows that the override switch is off
that should be on

Turned on…

Does this work for the METAR or is this referring to another issue I noted?

Martyn has already suggested you should not have the its TAF metar ticked

And noted earlier, I unticked that.

Yet still none of the METAR tags in the testtag is populating.

Here is that latest portion of Testtags.php as of 13:34 (local time)

$downloadedmetar1cloud = “%downloadedmetar1cloud%”; // Cloud Conditions or Weather from Metar
$downloadedmetar1dewp = “%downloadedmetar1dewp%”; // Dew Point Reading from Metar
$downloadedmetar1dironly = “%downloadedmetar1dironly%”; // Shows Direction in Letter (1st 10 Metars only)
$downloadedmetar1dironlydeg = “%downloadedmetar1dironlydeg%”; // Shows Direction in Degrees.(1st 10 Metars only)
$downloadedmetar1extrasky = “%downloadedmetar1extrasky%”; // Sky Conditions from Metar
$downloadedmetar1humi = “%downloadedmetar1humi%”; // Humidity Reading from Metar
$downloadedmetar1location = “%downloadedmetar1location%”; // Metar Name and Time Stamp
$downloadedmetar1name = “%downloadedmetar1name%”; // Just the Metar Name. (1st 10 Metars only)
$downloadedmetar1press = “%downloadedmetar1press%”; // Barometer Reading from Metar
$downloadedmetar1rainlasthour = “%downloadedmetar1rainlasthour%”; // Rain in the Last Hour (if its available) from Metar
$downloadedmetar1sky = “%downloadedmetar1sky%”; // More Sky Conditions from Metar
$downloadedmetar1temp = “%downloadedmetar1temp%”; // Temperature reading in Degrees from Metar
$downloadedmetar1tempcelsius = “%downloadedmetar1tempcelsius%”; // Temperature reading in Celsius from Metar
$downloadedmetar1time = “%downloadedmetar1time%”; // Just the Time of Update.(1st 10 Metars only) from Metar
$downloadedmetar1vis = “%downloadedmetar1vis%”; // Visibility from Metar
$downloadedmetar1wind = “%downloadedmetar1wind%”; // Wind readings (speed and direction) from Metar
$downloadedmetar1windonly = “%downloadedmetar1windonly%”; // Shows just the Wind Speed only (1st 10 Metars only) from Metar
$downloadedmetarrainlasthour = “0.00”; // Rain in the last hour from the main from Metar
$inputdailyweather = “—”; // The text you enter for current weather conditions
$weathercondinput = “—”; // Text you have entered under input daily weather for weather conditions now
$weatherreport = “mostly cloudy”; // Current Weather Conditions from selected Metar

you need to make sure to tick to use downloaded metars
in the custom web page setup
in the webfiles/web page setup

That is what was missing… Again Thanks Brian and appreciate your help (as well as others) on this while I try to recover everything. So many options I just simply cannot remember where everything is!!

I am basically starting WD over from scratch eliminating a lot of the “extras” that were never used anyway, no uploading of any images since I do not use them - Performance seems to be hugely better.

HOWEVER, now all I need to do it get my webcam image running properly. Is there an in-depth tutorial on how to do this properly? I followed a few of the posts and did most of it yet, the Webcam program never starts on WD startup, and I cannot remember how to add time / temp/ etc. overlay on image. I also cannot get the camera to upload… which makes sense if the webcam program is not running.

I would like to also put the webcam image as the default pic on the WD main screen icon.

ADDITIONALLY, my windrose on my site is only showing a “-S” with no image. Is this related to testtags / WD? Nothing has been done on the site so I suspect it is a setting someplace. I use a PNG not gif or jpg as my windrose image on the site. After a bit of investigation, it appears the wind direction is being read from the METAR which I do NOT want as the METAR has a “-S” as well.

Once these issues are resolved then my WD should be back to 100% and I shall make absolute certain to backup registry entries etc. and keep them in a non-volatile location.

re the web cam
I do have a you tube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5lptNpTaq8&feature=youtu.be

full list
http://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php

VERY helpful webcam video… although a little quick, but pause and play worked out beautifully! Webcam setup completed and working although my tags are not working - only %date% etc is showing on the image.

Can we focus on the problem with the windrose please?

I am still, after 24 hours, showing ONLY a “-S” in the area where the windrose image is supposed to be. What would need to be shown or information given to help resolve this please?

Once this last issue is fixed then I think all else is good and I have recovered nicely.

that is not my area of expertise (i.e I am not the author of the script you are using, etc)

Hi,
I can see the -S to the right of the current conditions icon and also a windrose below and left.
Perhaps the box containing -S is supposed to show a full text description of the current conditions?
Your testtags.php has the following lines with -S as a value which your page must be picking up presumably as you have “use the metar to update WDs main weather condtion report” ticked in the METAR setup? I don’t have that ticked.

$current_summary = “-S”;
$Currentsolardescription = “-S”; // Sun status text from Metar
$weatherreport = “-S”; // Current Weather Conditions from selected Metar

I can see solar and UV values on your page so if you have a solar sensor the conditions icon and text should be set from that when not raining or night etc.

Image2.jpg

Martyn;

SPOT ON!!!

I have unchecked thsat and all is well… I apologize as I was using the wrong terminology stating the windrose was the problem when in fact it was the Current Weather Conditions. Working quickly to try and get everything back up to speed as quickly as possible… but all is well now… Almost as if never went offline!!

Thanks all who have assisted!!

What would cause the DATA RECEIVED and DATA QUALITY “lights” to show only white - no green or flashing red?

Did I screw up something there?

Data_QRLEDs.png

you might possibly have made them too small

I doubled their size, at least, saved, sgut down, rebooted, same result… just white boxes. Any other possible things I can check?

I have not seen this particular issue before so I am not sure what is going on, sorry