WD appears to have exploded.

Understood, but I had run the latest update a few days back (Friday or Saturday) which was also listed as 56. It was running fine up until about 5:15PM (CST) today. I’m still scurrying around hoping to get this recovered by midnight, but this is not looking promising.

I just completely deleted it again… uninstalled properly.

Now I have a tray icon but no main screen. So I have no idea what it is doing. I tried to click on the tray icon but it does nothing.

http://travelingrvwx.com/public/

What version is that? I appears to be similiar to what I have… but will try it.

Build 56 from the 22nd of Aug.

As far as troubleshooting that’s all I can think of to try. If the wd2.txt file is used then WD should startup like brand new install. If you have a tray icon then all I can think of is WD is opening off your screen. You would need to search the forum for old posts where Brian mentions the setting that controls that. I’m not 100% sure the wd2.txt file function still works, it’s been a long time since I used it and Brain may have removed it. If that’s the case then I would pull up your ini file in a text editor and see if you can find the setting for screen location.

Sorry, that’s all I can think of to try. Wish you luck in finding the cause…73

OK, well it is showing as b55 which is no big deal. However… no change to my issue.

The Tray Icon loads, NO RapidUpdates or FTPs load… If I force them they will load but since the main program does not seem to be functioning I am sending in old data.

I do get a taskbar icon but it is pure white with the WD logo in the middle of it (most likely the icon loading). Nothing is resolving this issue. Seems something is missing maybe in WinBLOWS? Although I can find no issue with it and nothing reports in. I cannot see any error logs for WD so That is not going to assist me.

Hum… ](*,)

When you note make a wd2.txt file… I assume this is a blank file in the wdisplay (or new folder) root?

is there any error under view, program event log?

I do not know Brian… I have NO main screen or access whatsoever to anything. I literally have nothing loading on the desktop,

try
exit WD via task manager
then run windows regedit.exe
then search for wdisplayftp.ini
in the registry
back that up (export that whole key)
then delete that whole key
then see if WD starts up, as a test

It that computer on a Backup UPS? Any power cuts, even briefly can corrupt settings and data files if not on a “good” UPS.

Absolutely. On an APC 2200 Server Back-up.

do not put your settings files on a public forum
you should delete that
always email them

I say this just about every day now
but people do not get the message

Brian;

Post deleted - yeah I have to say I was not real keen on doing that but I needed to get it to you if possible. The info@wdisplay email keeps bouncing back to me.

Any chance I can get you to look at the settings and tell me what has blown up? What would you need - not that I am able to give much to you right now since I am running is seriously crippled mode.

I did try to reload the wdisplayftp.reg file from last month and when I do this, it blows up again. Only if I delete the .ini file will it open and run properly.

I downloaded the settings file
WD does run and load (it does take a while as it looks like you have done a lot of customisation), with out any errors, using that setting file
so I cant actually duplicate and fix/diagnose

the only way to find out where the problem is, is to delete sections (save the original) from the wdisplayftp.reg file (open and save with notepad.exe), and reload that into the registry (double click) (deleting the registry entry first and exiting WD first)
that is what I would do to find where the problem is, if I could duplicate here (which I cant)

OK, I will wait until Hurricane Harvry (or remnants thereof) get through the area as we are under the gun right now.

I will post as I determine what the issue here is.

Couple of Questions:
By customization… you refer to what exactly?
By deleting sections, How do I determine where section starts/ends?

I refer to main screen customisation (custom tags etc) on the main screen, as per under setup , advanced/misc

By deleting sections, How do I determine where section starts/ends?
I think you will find that is very obvious once you open the actual setting file in notepad.exe

one thing I do see in your settings is that you are using a web cam image
the problem could be with a corrupted image file

Just a blank file in the WD directory…assuming that WD still has the capability.

The way it worked is when WD detects the file it starts up a second version, using absolutely nothing from your original install…to include registry settings. The fact that yours failed to run means either this functionality has been removed from WD, or, WD did not detect the file.

I just searched old posts and now I see references to 2wd.txt as the file name…the part i quoted earlier was directly from Brian’s post so I figured it would be correct.

I think it could be, maybe some corruption on PC files (not related to WD), or maybe some HW failure on weather station hardware. Can you test the weather station with other software? Can you pass some corruption test to the PC? Which operating system runs?

Ruben

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

its most likely was due to a corrupted web cam image file, which cause a run away in memory (race condition)