Strange Anomily on Samsung Android

Having set up a steel gauges page on my website, I’ve found a few anomaly’s using different browsers and devices which are listed below:

Desktop running Windows 7: Firefox and IE work just fine.

Macbook Pro running Sierra: Firefox and Safari are fine.

Samsung Tablet T2: Firefox for android does work but the graphics don’t render properly with strange lines appearing, see image below:

Also on the tablet “Internet” (the default browser) and Chrome display the page but display “Error” in the info bar and neither work.

Javascript is enabled on all device browsers so I’m struggling to find a resolution.

I’d appreciate some help here.

Cheers

It looks like the browsers are drawing some of the tick marks from the origin (top-left) to the start, drawing the tick, then drawing back to the origin. Werid as all the tick marks are drawn using the same code in a loop…

Open a new path, move to start, draw tick mark to end, close the path, draw it. Not much to go wrong there that I can see?

ctx.beginPath();
                    ctx.moveTo(OUTER_POINT, 0);
                    ctx.lineTo(MINOR_INNER_POINT, 0);
                    ctx.closePath();
                    ctx.stroke();

A link to the page would help :wink:

Hi Mark

Thank you for your reply.

http://www.jacarandatree.co.uk/steel-gauges-master/web_server/gauges-ss-basic.htm

Cheers
Bob

Sound like it is something specific to your tablet. I tried the page on Android 8.0/Chrome 60 (my phone) - works fine, Android 7.1/Chrome 60 & Lightning 4.5 (ancient HP Touchpad tablet) and the page displays fine for me.

So usual stuff…

1. Clear the browser cache
  2. Check you or your ISP isn’t using a third party “web accelerator”
  3. Is the tablet up to date with software - it looks a bit like a video driver issue.