WD Console on Raspberry Pi 3 questions

Good afternoon. Someone may have already found a way to make this happen; I attempted, but ran into some issues.

My goal: When the RPi boots up it automatically logs in, then starts the WD Console. I want it to do this w/o any user intervention. Currently when I boot up the RPi, it comes to the login screen. I enter the data and it comes to the terminal screen. I then have to start the WD Console (/home/pi/consolewdfiles/.GoWdconsole.sh). Then everything run perfectly. The thing is, I don’t want to have to perform these steps every time there is a glitch in the power which makes the RPi reboot.

My attempts included the following: I entered the raspi-config and altered it so that at boot up, it would boot into the terminal and already be logged in. I then added the command to start the WD Console to the end of the profile file (/etc/profile).

After doing both of these I thought I had it fixed. The RPi would boot up, log in, then start WD Console and it would run. The problem is it wouldn’t upload any data to Weather Underground or ftp any data to my web site. I watched the screen and noticed the error “.cronwu file not found”. When I stopped the application, the file was plainly found in the /home/pi/consolewdfiles/ directory. So something happens with the way I had it setup to automatically log in, then run the program, which keeps the application from working properly.

I went back in and altered both files to “undo” what I had done, then re-started the application and it worked just as it was supposed to run and uploaded the data to Weather Underground and ftp the data to my web site.

Anyone have any suggestions what is happening and how I can accomplish my goal??

Thanks,
Rick

I’m surprised there is no response to this. I figured someone would have some insight.

.cronwu file not found
sounds like a relative path issue problem ./cronwu might work instead

Where would I put the “./cronwu” ?

When I talk about the error, this is the error displayed when I try to run the console with the automatic login activated.

you cant change it
but I think its related to relative path after the auto login
there might be something you need to set re that login (path statement or similar)