Could be me but no data showing

Hi when i use my WMR300 with weather display it wont show any details.
Ive tried different things and settings and it doesnt seem to show. I tried the history and that seems to be reading the unit i also have the correct software for the unit installed which reads it ok.

I have the latest WD Trial software (will purchase once i know it works properly)
Windows 7 x64 (have to use this for my boltek LD-350 lightning tracker)

Anything i can try. thanks

One thing,make sure the time and date on the station
Console matches the pc time and date
What shows in the separate running wmr300decode program?

I changed the dates to the the same, it then ran history and all the details came to life, well that was for 6 hrs then its died, it gets the history from the device so its getting the connection. But its not showing anything at all and the data and history lights are red. tried restarting software and pc a few times and nothing.

What shows in the separate running wmr300decode program?

I did mess with it more lastnight and found the clock on the console had changed the date 1 day forward some how? i changed it back and restarted the program and it worked… showing all correct reading… well that was till i left the pc alone, got up in the morning and it is showing the same details as last night and all graphs flat lined. Yet the data and history lights are flashing green.

Opening decoder now:
it shows device found WMR300, and constantly streams data.
the times are correct on the decoder to the computer clock, give or take seconds.

the date also needs to be correct
and the time, maybe you have it mixed up with 24 hour clock, i,e what you think is am time is pm time? (and so the date is then a day out for 12 hours of the day)

Ideally I need to make it so that it does not rely on the date and time being correct
(by using the CRC error code more)
I could try doing that and you could test for me?

hi, im happy to test.
Im home all day today so will keep checking on here.
The problem im having is its connecting then when i leave the computer for a few hrs about 2 hrs after it all just flat lines and stops the live updates. Yet the data light etc is still going and receiving data but all graphs are flat.

re the problem when you are not at the pc
that might be to do with windows putting the usb to sleep maybe
make sure your pc is not set to any power saving modes (and selective usb suspend too) . I do have a youtube video showing how to set that all up

if you could use this test version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wmr300decode.zip
i.e unzip to where you have WD installed (close the current running wmr300decode program, then run this new version)
then copy and paste the raw data that should show in the area at the bottom of the screen and email or post that here

thanks

i did turn off sleep, and the usb power mode the other day and still the same, ill check out the video and make sure im doing it right :slight_smile:
ill try that decode in a few and post results

month 8
day 11
hour 12
minute 55

channel # 1
temperature 24.6
humidity 59
wind m/s 2.9
direction 147

year 2017
month 8
day 11
hour 12
minute 55

channel # 0
temperature 25.4
humidity 54
indoor temperature 25.4
indoor humidity 54
raw temperature #1 0 246

year 2017
month 8
day 11
hour 12
minute 55

channel # 1
temperature 24.6
humidity 59
barometer 1017.9
checksum 529.0 529.0
last hour rain 0.0
24 hour rain 0.0mm 12:56:04 PM
total rain 0.0
rain rate (.in/hr) 0.0

00 D3 3D 11 08 0B 0C 36 05 7F FF 7F 7F FF 7F FF 03 03 11 08 0B 00 00 7F FF 11 08 0B 00 00 7F FF 00 00 00 00 00 7F FF 00 00 00 00 00 7F FF 11 08 0B 00 00 7F FF 00 00 00 00 00 7F FF 0F DA 00 00 00

try downloading a new update
the CRC checking should work now :slight_smile:
(vers 2.9 of the data reader program)

where do i download the update from?> the website? that still shows 16th july?

same url as above
i.e
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wmr300decode.zip