No Satellite Internet in UK?

I’m 5km away from a Fibre enabled exchange 15 miles West of Aberdeen in Midmar/Sauchen (hardly the back of beyond) and was leading a Community funded project with BT to install another fibre cabinet near the local School & Village hall until the Scottish Government got involved & stopped it. Clueless doesn’t even begin to describe Digital Scotland and the Scottish Government. We get <2Mbps download on a good day and several neighbours get <1Mbps! Upload is hopeless. Fortunately I stumbled across 3G/4G wireless broadband and despite having a very poor signal on phone handsets even outdoors, with an external antenna on my roof and a 4G modem with an “All you can Eat” SIM card package from Three I get 90Mbs down (yes 90!) & something like 40Mbps up. I’m almost in line of sight of a Mobile mast 5km away. Happy Days! I used 1.05Tb of data in last 6 months!!! My WD uploads were regularly failing for last 2-3 years with videolastday files etc but when I switched to mobile it all works great. As Brian says I suspect Wireless is the future for rural areas like ours. Aberdeenshire Council sent a letter 2 months ago instructing us to install Satellite if we wanted faster broadband. When I spoke to them they admitted they had no idea what the plans in rural Scotland are as its all up for consultation now. The R100 plan will probably be talked about for a few more years before anything happens. My advice is get Wireless if you can get a signal 8)