ConsoleWD on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit

Is it possible to run ConsoleWD on a 64 bit Ubuntu 16.04 system?

I do have a 64 bit version of consolewd, but only for the raspberry pi 3

I am not that good in Linux. Any chances it would run on ubuntu?

it will, but only on a 32 bit distro

What would it need to make it ready for a 64Bit distro?

you would need 64 bit versions of the .so files that it uses and their dependencies
there is another thread about this

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can download the consoleWD files for linux.

I have googled this but not yet found an actual download link.

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/consolewd.tar.gz

but you will have the same problem re the com port re your other thread

Yes maybe so, but I am willing to try it tho’.

Just to let you know that the WDConsole is running fine on my Ubuntu 17.04 x64 machine, but with all the i386 libfiles which were required for WD.

After I made the required changes in the config.txt file , then loaded up WDconsole, the data is being grabbed from my Davis Vantage Vue.
One thing I did find when the console was running, was that my desktop became quite sluggish as opening up folders etc took ages. Also when the console was running and data being uploaded, for some unknown reason my pc logged itself out , and other running programs shut down.

Edit:
I also installed wdconsole on a 32bit linux mint drive and when I ran the ./GoWdconsole.sh cmd it returned :
./consolewd : error while loading shared libraries: libcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I did change the permissions of the folder with chmod 777 wdconsolefiles.

that last problem re 32 bit points to the lib files not being where the program is trying to load them
you could try copying them to /usr/lib/ and /usr/local/bin/ and /usr/local/lib/

Thanks, that has cured that little problem, and it is now working.

One difference I notice when I have my Davis station connected to my Ubuntu machine, data was being grabbed from the actual station, and flying up the terminal screen quite rapidly. This does not happen on a Mint x32 bit machine, as the data stays fairly steady and only changes slowly.

This just an observation, as I 'm not sure how it is meant to be.

I do have a 64 bit version of consolewd available now on the download page

I did download the latest 64bit version of ConsoleWD and tried to install it on a Ubuntu machine.

First I am confronted with the “Missing libhid.so.0” error. I tried as suggested in the installation text instruction but without success. Did I miss anything?

Also I would like to use datain38.ini input is which is not supported in the 64bit version (it is station type 34 in the 32bit version of ConsoleWD). Could you add this functionality?

Thank you for your Support

Urs

re the missing file
that should be in the deploy folder
try copying that to
/usr/lib/local/
and
/usr/lib/
?

or try to install libhid
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/libhid-0.2.16.tar.gz
(go ./configure first then ./make install

I will look into the datain38.ini

I copied the libhid.so.0 as you suggested to /usr/lib/local/ and /usr/lib/

if I run consolewd I get the following error:

consolewd: error while loading shared libraries: libhid.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Any help to this?

or try to install libhid http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/libhid-0.2.16.tar.gz (go ./configure first then ./make install