Aercus Wx3083 temperature again: the solution with the help of a chimpanzee!

I’m starting a new thread, but refer back to Passive air temperature measurement for the background if required. Briefly, my findings on that were:
a) the Aercus tracked the Davis for temperature remarkably well, when there was no sun
b) no matter what I did, the Aercus read very high (up to 3

I have seen similar “sudden rises” when an apparently “well-sheltered” temp/hum sensor received reflected radiation from a car parked in the drive. This can be of varying duration day-to-day as one doesn’t always park in exactly the same spot. (And the sun doesn’t always “shine” the same!)

Doesn’t explain the apparent anomaly, although I’m not sure it is an anomaly. Looks as if the curve before the sudden rise, if extrapolated, might meet the curve at about 1000, after the sudden rise and subsequent levelling off?

Thanks, Bitsostring.

This morning, I found the Aercus was receiving a semi-specular solar reflection from the tiles, sufficient to cause the anomaly. Cure: we have a full-size bronze sculpture of a chimpanzee and I pulled it over the lit tiles, about half-way through the reflective area. The curve has restored itself to more-or-less normal.

Photo: Chimpanzee in place to block reflection from tiles, with Aercus unit about 1 m in front.