ParseError: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: Error - Solved

Hello,

I am having a problem with the customclientraw.txt generation in the correct format, I think. I wonder if someone could help with this.

The full error is “ParseError: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: Unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 columb 7 JSON data”

I have made the needed path change to where my cusomclientraw.txt file is located (it is the same place the clientraw.txt file is) in the root.
My installation of steel gauges is in the root too. I have verified the path is correct by downloading someone else’s customclientraw.txt and putting it in the root and it recognizes it and displays correctly on the gauges.

It seems that the customclientraw.txt that WeatherDisplay is generating is not in the same format as the customcientrawlocal.txt file that comes with Steel Gauges nor like the one that I downloaded from someone else.

I have the most recent version of WeatherDisplay and have in fact just updated it this morning to ver 10.37S53

I have the settings in WD set the same as the ones in Brian’s YouTube video and I think I have followed the instructions in the readme correctly.

I attach the customclientras.txt file and the setup page in WD. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION. I UPLOADED THE CORRECT CUSTOMCLIENTRAS.TXT BEFORE. I NOW HAVE THE ONE THAT IS WHAT MY WD IS GENERATING.

Thanks for any help that you can give on this.

By the way, here is the link to the guages http://www.brantfordweather.ca/gauges-ss-basic.htm

Gary

customclientraw.txt (779 Bytes)

You are not generating the correct file. The customclientraw.txt is generated based on the customclientrawlocal.txt template file. That template file is included in the Steel gauges download, in the weather_server\weather display folder. You need to replace the customclientrawlocal.txt file you are currently using with the one from the download.

Hi Niko,

Thanks for the hint. I had already done that, but I did upload it into the same location as the customclientraw.txt and I am still getting the error.

I am just wondering, does the file that comes from WD merge with the customclientrawlocal.txt to make file. I wonder what could prevent that from happening if that is the case.

Gary

Hi Niko

You were the one that solved this for me. I was putting the template file on the web server rather than in WD. What you said, made me think more about it and then I realized that I had placed it incorrectly.

Thanks for your insight into this.

Gary

Glad you got it fixed :slight_smile: