Dailywebcam.gif and dailywebcam2.gif update questions

These files retain yesterdays images and update today’s images as the day progresses. I am using daytime only. I have images in after sunset that never change.

How can they be cleared? I have tried deleting all web image files but they just stay there.

It would be nice if WD would clear old images before sunrise and after sunset. OR possibly have a option to just build a cleared web page each day.

WD 10.37S49

Edit: As the day progressed the 11:00am 11:30am and 12:pm from dailywebcam.gif showed up in dailywebcam2.gif in 9:00pm 9:30pm and 10:pm respectively. These are the three I can’t seem to clear.

I have just checked mine, and it looks all OK
you could try deleting all the time stamped web cam image files (and so let them re generate)

I will try that again, there were no time dated files past 8:50pm (near my sunset). Yet dailywebcam2 has three more files until 10pm. when I look at control panel/web files/time stamped files setup/view the web cam images from during the day, they are correct. Those last three images are blank.

Could you explain how the dailywebcam gif files are suppose to work? Do they start after midnight with a copy of yesterdays images? and then get replaced as the day progresses. It seems like the last three images of dailywebcam.gif also go into dailywebcam2.gif.

I will see if it happens again tomorrow and let you know.

I deleted all time stamp files. As they were generated in the morning they showed up in both dailywebcam.gif and dailywebcam2.gif. Then when afternoon came and progressed the morning files located in dailywebcam2.gif were over written with the afternoon files. Since the afternoon time stamp files stop before 9pm (sunset) the 9:00pm, 9:30pm and 10pm images continued to be the morning ones. That was what I was seeing yesterday.

I can duplicate it by deleting all the afternoon time stamp files and letting it regenerate (all the morning files will show up in dailywebcam2.gif.

If yours is working OK, it may be a difference in our configuration. This is all I am doing, no animation, no movies, generate files every 10 minuets (daytime only).

so its OK when view it in WD
but not ok for the actual created gif files for the web upload?

Correct, It’s OK in WD.

i will do some investigating and testing

try a new .zip update of WD

Images going to the correct place now. Only small issue is when the 2nd graph populates the first set of images creates a narrow band on both graphs.

try another .zip update

Looking good now. Thanks for your great response.