Something to consider

Actually 108

We did 110 yesterday and the dew point 44F, the forecast for today is 115 and 117 for tomorrow to tie the all-time record for Las Vegas.

Hit 118

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 3.00.31 PM.png

[quote author=bdtripps link=topic=65206.msg524158#msg524158 date=1497909854]
Hit 118

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 16.14.49.jpg

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

#-o #-o #-o

This would kill me… seriously

The first Flex Alert this year.

California ISO Issues Statewide Flex Alert Due to Heat Wave

The California Independent System Operator Corporation (ISO) has issued a statewide Flex Alert, a call for voluntary electricity conservation from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20, and Wednesday, June 21.

Consumers are urged to conserve electricity especially during the late afternoon when air conditioners typically are at peak use. Consumers can help avoid power outages by turning off all unnecessary lights, using major appliances before 2 p.m. and after 9 p.m., and setting air conditioners to 78 degrees or higher.

During times of high temperatures, demand on the power grid can be strained, as air conditioner use increases. The forecast peak usage for Tuesday and Wednesday is expected to exceed 47,000 megawatts each day in California ISO

I’d say that Flex Alert was a bit late. They should have issued it for yesterday when it was in the 90’s and 100’s around here, oh well. It’s actually cooling down. Right now, we are 16F degrees cooler than this same time yesterday. Our natural air conditioning (marine layer) must be kicking in. :smiley:

[size=83]Nearly 20,000 electric customers in the San Francisco Bay Area lost power because of high temperatures Sunday, a PG and E spokeswoman said. At 10:30 p.m. Sunday, 19,529 customers were in the dark with a majority of those in the East Bay and South Bay, spokeswoman Jacqueline Ratto said. Between 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. crews restored power to 22,500 customers. By 11 a.m. Monday, 2,944 customers still did not have power. The majority left without power are in the South Bay and the Easy Bay. "Severe heat in the Bay Area is causing widespread outages," Ratto said. [/size]

Source: http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/database/?pageid=event_desc&edis_id=PW-20170620-58694-USA

Understood, and it’s doing a job on me.

Expected, but not this early in the day…

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 13.15.26.jpg

Geeeeezzz!!!

[quote][size=10pt]San Francisco (CNN)

Tell me about it!! Just a little while after I posted that the temp on my roof equipment farm went to 119.7

If the high temps weren’t bad enough, here’s adding insult to injury.

[size=83]Event: Air Quality Alert Alert: ...HIGH POLLUTION ADVISORY FOR MARICOPA COUNTY INCLUDING THE GREATER PHOENIX AREA AND PINAL COUNTY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

…HIGH POLLUTION ADVISORY FOR YUMA COUNTY ON TUESDAY…
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality in Phoenix is
continuing the Ozone High Pollution Advisory for the Greater Phoenix
Area now through Wednesday. The Pinal County Department of Air
Quality is also continuing the Ozone High Pollution Advisory for Pinal
County including Apache Junction, Casa Grande, Coolidge, and Florence
through Wednesday.
An Ozone High Pollution Advisory is in effect for Yuma County for
Tuesday.
This means that forecast weather conditions combined with existing
ozone levels are expected to result in local maximum 8-hour ozone
concentrations that pose a health risk. Adverse health effects
increase as air quality deteriorates.
[/size]

Hit 119.8

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 3.12.26 PM.png

This is probably it for today. Sheesh…

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 16.44.02.jpg

Hi, we made 27.2c yesterday !, not as hot as you guys are getting but hot enough, max so far this month was 33.7c that’s to hot for me, how you guys can stick the sort of temperatures that you get out there I do not know.

teal.

Have been wondering the same thing, teal! Currently 0747 MST here and it’s already 99

Hi, 16:24 here & only made 27.8c but mid 30 c’s in London, Poss storms late tonight/tomorrow we need the rain (12 days without so far) as the grass is now getting a bit brown.

teal.

What is a storm, it has been 42 days no rain and before that we got .01 one tip of the gauge it was 30 some days so about 72 days no rain. temperature now is 98F on its way to 114F today.

It’s the humidity which is a killer with this heat in the UK. 32.2C (90F) with RH of 50% is not nice. It is just as warm inside (no aircon as it rarely gets this hot) and the barometer on my VP2 console has been reporting erratically for a couple of hours - hopefully it will be ok again when it cools down. Tomorrow it will be “only” be 20C (68F) which will be wonderful.

Awww, you should be living in south Florida. In the summer it’s not uncommon to have 95F (35C) temps and Dew Points over 80. That works out to humidity of 62% and a heat index of 114F (45C)

Actual temps of 115F (46C) with humidity of 5% works out to a heat index of 106F (41C)