How do I get customclientraw.txt created on the C: drive

I running WD and my web server on the same computer. In Web Files Setup #1 I have set my Web files location and location for clientraw files to my web server. This works without any issues. clientraw.txt updates and WDL works fine.

In Real Time Client … Weather Display Live Setup I have checked I am running my own web server, and no FTP needed and Create a custom clientraw file. Creating a 2nd clientraw.txt file even works, but no custom file.

I have put customclientrawlocal.txt in WD and webfiles locations.

I’m beginning to think it is only created when you use FTP to a location.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Edit: heading changed to proper file

customclientraw.txt is the file you should be looking for (which is created from customclientrawlocal.txt)

Sorry Brian, I had the wrong file name in the heading (edited). I’m trying to get customclientraw.txt on my C: drive. Preferable where my web server is. As I stated with the setup above clientraw.txt is generated on my c: drive but no customclientraw.txt.

is there a customclientrawlocal.txt file in the WD web files selected folder?

what version/build of WD?

yes, customclientrawlocal.txt is in C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\WDL\Webfiles. This is my active and working webfiles folder. I also put a copy in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Weather Display\webfiles just in case it needed to be there.

WD Version 1037S49

do you mean you have WD installed and running from C:\Program Files (x86)\Weather Display\ ?
that is not recommended
the default install folder is best

but that is not likely the issue

double check the customclientrawlocal.txt file is not say called customclientrawlocal.txt.txt
i.e maybe you have set to hide known file extensions

but also make sure you have set the clientrawlocation in WD to C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\WDL\Webfiles
in the webfiles /web page setup

Solved:

I don’t hide extensions. I have been running clientraw.txt in C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\WDL. So I changed it like you said and that fixed it. I now have a updating customclientraw.txt in C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\WDL\Webfiles. Now I can start working with Steel Gauges.

As for the default location for WD it always re-installs and updates where I have it. I always used the defaults. I have been using WD since 2004. Back then was it a different default?? And just remembers it. Where should it be now?

Thanks so much for your quick response and help.

if its working OK in c:\program files then do not worry

Hi Brian / EdC
This is timely. I am having the same issue.
Weather display installed into C:\wdisplay.
Running local web server.
Server files located in E:\domains\weather…

All other files including clientraw.txt get created in the web server directory but the customclientraw.txt does not. Does not appear to be created anywhere in fact.

Sorry - Sorted - Didn’t have the seed file customclientrawlocal.txt in the server directory. My bad.

Andrew