All Mac WD Users Please Read !!!

Hello all,

You may or may not have noticed by Brian has pulled the Mac WD files from the downloads section.

I’m sure he has his reasons for it.

However, I would like everyone to take a moment and think about something. Brian spends alot of his time on WD. He supports many different stations with many different OS’s. He does this while also maintaining his personal life with his family.

Sure Windows may have the most users, but there are Mac users out there. Many of us have posted issues questions etc here and users along with Brian have helped you all out. Many have made suggestions which he has integrated. Often his responses are quick. Many times when bugs were reported, he would crank out a new version/fix within a day or so.

I’m sure maintaining WD has some financial impacts as well.

So what I’m asking is for people to respond to this thread and let Brian know how much both the Mac version and his help are appreciated. Also it would be great if mac users could donate to Brian’s efforts. Heck even a 5, 10, 20 bucks would go a long way. Below is the link to donate:

http://www.weather-display.com/files.php

I fear that if there is not alot of interest from the Mac community then the Mac version may go away. I know I do not want that and i’m sure most of you don’t either.

So please take a few moments to reply here and show Brian some appreciate for his efforts and also donate what you can (it’s the thought that counts) :slight_smile:

Thanks all !!!

I have been a member here since 2002, which has been a heck of a long time. I had a PC and somehow had a brain fart when my PC died and went imac. Soon I found that my weather site and data were not working out . I shopped around, found Weathercat and sure it works, but heaven help if you ask for real assistance such as features, web page setup etc…

I loved Weatherdisplay when I had a PC. I have been all over the board discussing either using Parallels, Vm, Bootcamp and win 10 in order to run Wdisplay. I am not satisfied what is out there. Wim modified his template so I could have my IP logger work with his templates. Before that I was using Wdisplay for everything.

The mac version is lacking and I can understand that being a programmer is tough and across two operating systems is not fun. I had hoped that the Mac version would be modified to work more like the PC version. When I suggested, Brian seemed upset and pulled the program. Speculation around the other boards was maybe he was perfecting it so it would eventually reappear. The same boards talk about a VP3,but that isn’t happening.

Sure I would love to have a mac version and sure I would contribute what I can toward it, if that is the problem a lack of funding for the necessary training or software to make everything work like the PC version or even a separate program (app) that does some things well.

Right now I can’t afford to upgrade my system to safely use a dual platform on my computer any more than I can afford a PC of any type to run the pC version alone. I’d love to be able to do that again as I had fun with it.

So Yes, I do want the Mac version and would support the product, but only if Brian agrees.

I support the comments by Aardvark very much. I am a long time Mac use and will continue to be so. WD is the only program that will work with my Campbell Scientific setup so I too am keen to see it continue. Currently I am using it withing Parallels, and this works fine for me,e xcept that it is resource hungry doing it that way. I am using it llike that becasue I have spent a long time getting the screen to llok the way I want it. This is not possible with the Mac version. It is difficult for us to understand how much time Brian does give to this amazing project. A lot of time is probably a siginificant understatement, and I am personally amazed how he does so much for the project and still finds time to live a normal life. But as Aardvark says, this must be BRian who decideds which way this goes. I know from my own personal experience that it is so easy to let a project take over you life and I would not recommend it to anyone.
So I am expressing my interest in a Mac version, but also in a way that lets Brian have as normal a life as possible.

I’d like to see continued support as well. Recently moved my weather station over to OSX and appreciated the support Brian gave me very much.

Thanks all for commenting…

Glad to see there is interest in Mac WD. I’m also glad to hear others like me not only support it but appreciate the hard work Brian does for all of us - especially with the life balance.

So hit that donate button !!! any amount i’m sure would be appreciated !!!

I, like many others, don’t want to see Mac WD go away like the dinosaur or do-do bird (lol)

#MacWD

Love to hear from more of you guys out there!!!

Done

Thanks…

I have done the same.

I HOPE Brian is reading this !!!

WD for Mac is still available to download at
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplay.dmg
that has not changed

I will still update that when a major bug or change in something is needed (e.g from some API) and let you guys know of that update
Please, no more donations (I did not ask for them)

buy yourself a pencil and some beer. we love you (in a manly way, that is) , appreciate you. As I told my daughter, take the compliments now, when they stop , they stop.

Brian, that link when I used it, it gave me build 247 or something low like that. I’m on 285 now.

Would it be easier just to add it back to the weather-display.com/downloads section - if if not updated, just easier to get to

my mistake
its
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaynew.dmg

Ahhh gotcha

But how do we know what version it is and/or if we need to update?

Thats why it was great to have the link on the weather display page :slight_smile:

Another thought have the file name contain the version #… :slight_smile:

Anyways… again thanks and hope all is well down your way… your entering winter I believe… Summer here which in this part of the US = HOT and HUMID

I agree, having it back on the update page as you did have, would be a blessing to those out here is MacOSX Hell.

I will post when there is an update

I just joined coming from Davis software and a PC. Connected a Mac Mini to the big screen in the living room so wanted to find software for Macs. All the reviews said WD was the best.

Great work Brian!!

its certainly getting better and better as I work on it more

A week has gone by since you helped me with the email issues. All is still going. To me only things that need fixing are 2 tone main screen ( I prefer 1 colour!) and the graph values font in a smaller font

I did fix already the graph background colour though