Site not updating

Mention of viruses in software lives on for ever on the internet so this is just a little digression to address this particular issue. That’s no virus, or WD problem. The url shows that for some reason he chose to access his site via anonymouse.org which is an anonymous browsing service. WDL is never going to work via such a site. WDL’s security/licensing is based in checking the server domain against the domain name used to issue the license. In this case the server domain is anonmouse and so that’s where it is looking for the configuration code which has the license - which was not issued for anonymouse.

HTH

The folder appears to be getting updated.

The anonmouse URL was sent to me by my host supposedly to prove that the fault was not at their end.

Oh dear :roll:

I am about to change hosts as soon as I can get this updating again. They were charging me $19 annually, then this year they wanted $90. I asked why and they never replied, just shut me down, so, I had no option but to pay them. They won’t be getting any more out of me.

What other files show in the ftplogfull.txt?
Do you have remote pc access?
E.g teamviewer

Hi Brian, Yes I do have Team Viewer 12 on that machine.

if you could email me or PM me the team viewer access

Emailed thanks Brian.

Hi
where did you email to?
as I have not received it

email turned up
but password is incorrect

Hi Brian,

Have replied to your email.
Cheers
John

OK, got logged in OK
everything checks out on the WD end
files were uploading and were current in the WD webfiles folder

but I noticed you are using a fixed IP address for the ftp server in the WD setup

now, I deleted the clientraw.txt file on the actual server, in the public_html file
(using the built in ftp server in WD)
but that file was still visible at
http://www.mosgielweather.info/clientraw.txt

so that makes me think its a problem with your server, even if they tell you otherwise (very typical)

I tried changing the IP address to ftp.mosgielweather.info
instead
but that results in a password error

then I tried pinging www.mosgielweather.info (from here)
that returned an IP address of

which is different to the one you were using 67.23.226.159
but that results in a password error as well

you need to contact your ISP/FTP server provider to say the problem is on their end

Niko might be able to help here too…

Thanks Brian,

I really appreciate your time on this for me.

I will try and get my new host to get me changed over to him and forget the current one, sick of them.

Thanks again. :smiley:
John

I’ll have to stick with Kenny Rogers here, “Know when to walk away, and know when to run”. I would run away from this host :wink:

LOL Niko. I am running as fast as I can. Have friend going to host it for me hopefully later today. Then I will be asking HostBig for a refund.

Edited: 9:37 am 6 June

All fixed Brian :smiley:

Hi Brian

Got John WDL up and running on the new server. Had a few issues to get it right but the main thing he is on a much better host now.

I think I may have broken something and I will struggle to fix it so I think John may ask if you could kindly remote in and assist.

His WD page http://www.mosgielweather.info/Mosgiel%20Weather.htm is not updating now. It is set to update each hour but is failing to do so. Very sorry if I done something to stop it from going. If you change the htm filename for this page that is fine because it will be very easy for me to edit the index file on wdl to have the new name .htm page link changed.

Thanks Brian for your help and a big thank you to my friend Huggy, between us we spent a lot of time getting changed over to my new host and getting everything working again. If it wasn’t for Huggy, I probably would have given up and just gone offline. My old host keep telling me it was something in the software, we just proved them wrong. I’m going to ask for a refund from them, but not holding my breath.

Thanks again
John

good work in getting it updating on a new server :slight_smile:

Thanks Brian. Great service, advice and help here, much appreciated. My old server might be cheap, but also useless it seems, as they kept blaming the software, WRONG.

Thanks again for the wonderful support.
John