Really basic bugs that I cannot solve

Hi

I am a fairly long time user of WD, had it on xp, windows 7 and windows 10…
Had one bug that I have lived with through out and a couple of new ones…

1…t the long term bug, even on a fresh built pc and fresh install of WD, the webcam settings never stick after close out of program
I need to set to MJPG and 1280x960 or similar, but when I exit the program and go back in the settings have gone back to default

2…on the web page its says time of next update 09:30 and that never changes, but it does update

3…the little box at top of webpage (name escapes me at the moment) has website name curr weather temp etc and you can put the picture in it… that fails to keep the size I set so bits get cut off

4…back to webcam, the all day yesterday video is OK although its a little fast running through the video, dont seem to be able to slow it down, the video from earlier today is just corrupted videos, as are last 10 min…

currently running latest version on a windows 10 machine, I wiped and reloaded added WD, with no history and still the same issues, either I am the system bug or missed something or the software just doesn’t like me…

any suggestions on getting the settings to stick or resolving the video issues would be great

current web site is very basic on http://bikerider.ddns.net and is on a slow wifi link at other end of house

thanks
Cliff

I need way more information for the web cam setting bug
I need to know exactly what setting etc
(screen shots etc)

for 2: make sure you have set times to create and upload file #1 in the customise internet and file creation setup (even if not used on your web site)
not sure what you are refering to re #3,…screen shot?

re 4…not sure what you mean by video from earlier today?

Ok
for 3 just remembered the name its the summary image, the size wont stick (attached picture) tried various things like colour/ font/ border no border

for the webcam in the first tab you can set things like FPS and video size and MJPG etc. any size I select and format (MJPG) works fine, but those settings don’t stick, never have on any machine I have installed WD on

and 4… it can create video files for last hour, last 10 mins, earlier today and all day yesterday, the video gets created fine for the all yesterday video, but the others are just a corrupt blur …

I’ll upload some screen captures when I am next in front of my machine, cant remote in from work at the moment

thanks

Capture.JPG

for the summary image
try
going to setup, advanced/misc, main screen customisation
then set there to enable that
then click on the main screen icon, to bring up the summary image
tnen make that wider
then go back to the advanced setup and click on save

for the web cam settting, I am suspecting you are changing the actual web cam driver settings
(will need a screen shot to know more)
try setting the actual web cam driver settings directly instead

re the all day video, have you tried checking the actual files in the alldayvideo folder?
and are using the latest moviemaker.exe version ? (included with the full install)

ok camera settings in capture, the circled ones dont stick, and thats the video size i want to have

not had time to check other settings you suggested, but will do over the weekend

yes this is the latest as of last month anyway, full blank install no stuff imported

re the wedcam
try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwebcamcapture.zip
no gurantees
(you will need to reset the second setting to make that stick)

Ok Cool

I’ll give that a try over the weekend

thanks

re the movie maker problem
if you could post a screen shot of your movie maker settings in WD
also what image size is being used for the time stamped imags?

Hi Brian
I couldnt follow these instructions,

going to setup, advanced/misc, main screen customisation
then set there to enable that
then click on the main screen icon, to bring up the summary image
tnen make that wider
then go back to the advanced setup and click on save

what do you mean by main screen icon?

I have tried the new zip webcam capture, it now holds the MJPG setting but not the actual video size, it drops back to default… also attached is the capture as requested…

thanks

Cliff

the icon on your WD main screen, just above the time
or go to view, summary image

for the movie maker settings
I would start with default settings first
i,e untick all the use 10 second options
and also set the width to 320 and the height to 240
and the bitrate to 300, frame rate 15 and delay to 10,000
and then set the actual web cam image size to 320 by 240
and then delete all the time stamped images so new ones are created

re the video size setting, that is tied to the mjpeg setting

but you should be using the prefered video size settings instead
e.g select 320x240 option there

what type of camerea?

Hi its a USB Tandberg HD web cam, I did used to use an HP HD web cam but the sun killed it…

Also I have changed the default location for the web cam images to go to, but now the current web cam image on main web page is just a square, in the html code its pointing to the wrong location, I can change it in the html file but it doesnt stick, but I cant seem to find where it is in the config screens to change loaction… see attachment

PS I tried changing the summary Image, either I dont grasp how you are saying to do it or something not working? as can be seen in the attached file

thanks

wd2.JPG

you would need to change the code in the datahtm3.txt file
or in change the link in the web cam upload in WD (ftp/internet setup)
and with remote directories you use / and not \

not sure how to explain in any more detail what you need to do re the summary image re sizing
but it looks like you have changed the fonts too from default

you could start over with the settings for the summary image

i.e delete the registry settings (i.e the whole section)
[broadcast custom]
and
[Summary image]
in the wdisplayftp.ini settings file in the registry

Yes I was playing with fonts and font sizes trying to get it all to fit…
I’ll look at those other settings
and see how it goes

well after playing with lots of fonts and sizes, i just cant get the summary image to look right, some how now the main program fonts are werid too now, wondering if this is a windows 10 thing, summary image is pretty unreadable

anyone know how to reset the summary image to default? and get main program fonts to normal, it seems just changing the summary image fonts screwed with other fonts

try
exit WD
run regedit.exe
then search for
wdisplayftp.ini
in the registry
then find
[Summary image]
and
[Summary image background]

and delete those entries

Not quite sure on which part he does not get so i will try

Go to (top of WD screen) Setup, in that menu choose Advanced/Misc Settings
In there, chooses the Main Window Customise (if its not already on that tab)
Then click the top left box, its named Enable Move/Resize of the Objects
Click the Save Changes box (middle top) than click OK to come out out there

open the summary image by clicking on the large weather related icon on your WD main screen above the WD clock
If you have the Summary image in front of you then proceed, if not, re-read the above line :wink:

Now you can resize it, move items around if needed, such as the min (in blue) and Max (in red) :wink:

As a side note: you can save at any time by right click on the wind direction graph and in that menu
that pops up, scroll (if needed) right to the bottom and choose  Save changes to customisation of main screen

Firstly, just make it bigger like you would any over window, then save like mentioned above. Ok thats that done
You can now make the min and max a bit larger, well, if that part is on yours??? if not, you are done, if they
are visible and need enlarging then do this

If you hover your mouse over any item (most items in WD including some menu items too) and hold down the
CTRL button and then move the mouse (no need to click the mouse, CTRL is doing the click part) you will enlarge that item
i dont mean the font size, i mean the item itself, have a go, you will see.

If you hold down shift and move the mouse (again, no left or right click needed) that moves an item.

Hope that helps, if not, point out which part does not help?