Real time client *Fixed*

I unchecked the ssh in the real-time settings tab. So far so good, ill keep an eye on it.

Thanks

Here’s where everything stands as of now…

My parents site and mine are on the same host “1and1.” I made sure that their settings for FTP are the same as mine. What’s happening is on my parents site, the realtimeclient seems to stop updating about every 7 to 9 mins, then it starts again. My site does not do that and our settings are the same.

So, do you think its a server issues, or internet?

I have cable internet and they have satellite.

And, just an FYI to this issue… As of last month they were still running build 81 without this issue. This only started after updating to Win 7 with the latest WD build.

Thanks

Probably not server side, prob Win 7 settings, check out the power options, make sure the PC
isnt shutting something down whilst at idle, Choose performance mode, then modify the settings
make sure everything stays either on, at 100% or not set to suspend, namely the USB settings
Just go through each setting, you dont want the HDD to go sleep, not the USB, not the CPU etc

Strange, now my WD pc is doing the same thing…

FTP error…

Weather Display FTP/Internet vers 9.05
Time/date:3:47:09 PM 6/15/2017
Logging onto SFTP server…home252567151.1and1-data.host
[10060] Connection timed out
10060: [10060] Connection timed out
Doing abort procedure/program close…

But filezilla connects just fine.

Running build 47 on Win 7

Just caught this in the realtimeclient before it closed itself…

Real time Clientraw FTP, vers 9.5 ***Time/date***:4:21:59 PM 6/15/2017 Logging onto FTP server....home252567151.1and1-data.host Connecting to FTP server. Attempting to connect to server. [10060] Connection timed out [10060] Connection timed out Failed to connect: [10060] Connection timed out FTP error occured FTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp - >clientraw.txt 143: Busy performing current action. FTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientrawextra.txttemp - >clientrawextra.txt 143: Busy performing current action. FTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientrawhour.txttemp - >clientrawhour.txt 143: Busy performing current action. FTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientrawdaily.txttemp - >clientrawdaily.txt 143: Busy performing current action. 10060: [10060] Connection timed out Logging off from server 4:22:20 PM Doing abort procedure/program close...

But its not actually uploading anything.

Well, it seems all that needed to be done was change to passive mode. Strange to me that this happened all of a sudden.

Passive mode was brought up by Brian in another post and I thought I had those checked, But I had missed 1 spot that caused the issue.

web site providers often change things at their end where it needs passive mode

Hi Brian. I’m still having the intermittent realtimeclient disconnecting on me. It’s happened about 6 times today. The only way to get it going again is to close out the realtime and re-open it, then it starts right back up. I’m at a loss with this. I just updated to build 55 last night, but it was happening before the update. Below is what shows in the realtime if this means anything to you. Also, Could I send you my files for you too look at? Maybe I’m just missing a simple setting that I cant find. Thanks

Logging off from server 4:05:49 PM OK Doing abort procedure/program close... SFTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp - >clientraw.txt OK OK Sending local version: "SSH-2.0-IP*Works! SSH Client v9.0". Read remote version string: "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.7p1 Debian-5+deb8u1~ui80+7". Beginning key exchange Preparing algorithm negotiation. Sending local enabled algorithm list. Reading remote enabled algorithm list. Selected key exchange algorithm: "diffie-hellman-group14-sha1". Selected server host key algorithm: "ssh-rsa". Selected client encryption algorithm: "aes256-ctr". Selected server encryption algorithm: "aes256-ctr". Selected client MAC algorithm: "hmac-sha1". Selected server MAC algorithm: "hmac-sha1". Selected client compression algorithm: "none". Selected server compression algorithm: "none". Algorithm negotiation complete. Sending Diffie-Hellman key exchange initialization request. Verifying server's Diffie-Hellman key exchange response. Diffie-Hellman key exchange complete. Calculating key sets. Sending new key packet to server. Setting client keys. Received new key packet from server. Setting server keys. Key exchange complete. Requesting service "ssh-userauth". Service request "ssh-userauth" accepted. Authenticating user for service "ssh-connection". Requesting user's authentication mechanism list from SSH host. Attempting password authentication. Password authentication succeeded. Successfully authenticated user for service "ssh-connection". Attempting to open "session" channel [0]. Logging off from server 4:36:14 PM OK Logging off from server 5:06:39 PM

secure ftp means a lot more hoops to jump through and so a lot more things can do wrong
I do not use a secure ftp server myself so its hard to diagnose

one solution is to use a web site that can be updated with no need for FTP
i.e using HTTP instead
meteotemplate is one solution

Thanks for the response Brian.

I guess im a little confused by this. My regular FTP uploads work just fine, Im only having the issue with the realtime.

the real time ftp is a lot more frequent
i.e more chance things could go wrong

I would need access to your ftp server to be able to test
and I would need to be able to duplicate the problem here

If your willing to test it, just let me know what you need and I’ll PM you the info. Thanks

If you have time Brian, i can give you the info you need. Just let me know. Thanks

but that is what I posted above

I will send you my info after work today. With you doing this testing, will it affect my website at all?

what I can do is change the remote file names

Sounds good. Ill be sending you the info in a couple hours.

Thanks

Pm Sent.

I have tested here and it works with the ftp settings you sent me
but make sure to set the ftp port to 22 in the connections setup and tick use SFTP (ssh)

those are my settings. However your testing this, can you just let it run? This issue seems too happen at random times. I have not had the issue yet today either, but it can happen at anytime. I would just like you too see what happens. Thanks