Real time client *Fixed*

Im getting this error on my parents WD using XP…

ERROR: Unrecognized Error at time/date 9:46:51 AM 5/21/2017
Connecting to FTP server.
OK
Connected.
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.7p1 Debian-5+deb8u1~ui80+7

It says its connecting, but then it doesn’t do anything. I had to change the server name to connect, and ever since that I cant connect the real time or any other ftp functions.

it could be because windows XP does not have the latest secure FTP drivers etc
but have you tried setting to use passive mode
it could also be a firewall blocking it, or anti virus or similar

Oh, that’s right… The realtime is now secure. Will the new secure realtime client work on XP build 80 and is there a download just for that?

I do have everything set to passive.

Id love to update my parents PC to win 7, but they live about 6 hours away.

Thanks

I found this post of yours Brian…

[quote][/try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/clientrawrealtimeftp.zip
i.e vers 9.5quote]

Is this compatible with Build 80? If it is, will this solve all the FTP issues cause nothing is connecting to upload any files.

Thanks

you can only try

I think im actually going to try and update their WD to the most current… crossing my fingers that works.

Cant really lose much at this point.

So loading the current build did not go good.

Brian, do you have a copy of build 80 or 81 so I can load that back up to get the registry files to be able to transfer my parents WD to Win 7?

Thanks

www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdisplay32build81.exe

Thanks

I got a new pc for my parents and loaded the latest version of WD. Now every now and then t he real time client stops uploading and shows this…

Logging off from server 3:50:37 AM Logging off from server 4:21:02 AM Logging off from server 4:51:27 AM Logging off from server 5:21:52 AM Logging off from server 5:52:18 AM Logging off from server 6:22:43 AM Logging off from server 6:53:08 AM Logging off from server 7:23:33 AM

If I close down the realtime and open it back up, it works fine. Any ideas why it just stops? My realtime client version is 9.5

The ftplog is attached.

Thanks

ftplog.txt (3.44 KB)

Just got this when it stopped uploading…

Logging off from server 11:55:53 AM OK Doing abort procedure/program close... SFTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp - >clientraw.txt OK OK Sending local version: "SSH-2.0-IP*Works! SSH Client v9.0". Read remote version string: "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.7p1 Debian-5+deb8u1~ui80+7". Beginning key exchange Preparing algorithm negotiation. Sending local enabled algorithm list. Reading remote enabled algorithm list. Selected key exchange algorithm: "diffie-hellman-group14-sha1". Selected server host key algorithm: "ssh-rsa". Selected client encryption algorithm: "aes256-ctr". Selected server encryption algorithm: "aes256-ctr". Selected client MAC algorithm: "hmac-sha1". Selected server MAC algorithm: "hmac-sha1". Selected client compression algorithm: "none". Selected server compression algorithm: "none". Algorithm negotiation complete. Sending Diffie-Hellman key exchange initialization request. Verifying server's Diffie-Hellman key exchange response. Diffie-Hellman key exchange complete. Calculating key sets. Sending new key packet to server. Setting client keys. Received new key packet from server. Setting server keys. Key exchange complete. Requesting service "ssh-userauth". Service request "ssh-userauth" accepted. Authenticating user for service "ssh-connection". Requesting user's authentication mechanism list from SSH host. OK Real time Clientraw FTP, vers 9.5 ***Time/date***:12:20:20 PM 6/10/2017 Logging onto SFTP server....home3476.1and1-data.host 143: Busy performing current action.

I see you are using secure FTP (SSH)
which adds another layer of complexity and things that can go wrong

Interesting… i did not know that. Ill double check my settings.

I unchecked the ssh in the real-time settings tab. So far so good, ill keep an eye on it.

Thanks

Here’s where everything stands as of now…

My parents site and mine are on the same host “1and1.” I made sure that their settings for FTP are the same as mine. What’s happening is on my parents site, the realtimeclient seems to stop updating about every 7 to 9 mins, then it starts again. My site does not do that and our settings are the same.

So, do you think its a server issues, or internet?

I have cable internet and they have satellite.

And, just an FYI to this issue… As of last month they were still running build 81 without this issue. This only started after updating to Win 7 with the latest WD build.

Thanks

Probably not server side, prob Win 7 settings, check out the power options, make sure the PC
isnt shutting something down whilst at idle, Choose performance mode, then modify the settings
make sure everything stays either on, at 100% or not set to suspend, namely the USB settings
Just go through each setting, you dont want the HDD to go sleep, not the USB, not the CPU etc

Strange, now my WD pc is doing the same thing…

FTP error…

Weather Display FTP/Internet vers 9.05
Time/date:3:47:09 PM 6/15/2017
Logging onto SFTP server…home252567151.1and1-data.host
[10060] Connection timed out
10060: [10060] Connection timed out
Doing abort procedure/program close…

But filezilla connects just fine.

Running build 47 on Win 7

Just caught this in the realtimeclient before it closed itself…

Real time Clientraw FTP, vers 9.5 ***Time/date***:4:21:59 PM 6/15/2017 Logging onto FTP server....home252567151.1and1-data.host Connecting to FTP server. Attempting to connect to server. [10060] Connection timed out [10060] Connection timed out Failed to connect: [10060] Connection timed out FTP error occured FTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp - >clientraw.txt 143: Busy performing current action. FTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientrawextra.txttemp - >clientrawextra.txt 143: Busy performing current action. FTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientrawhour.txttemp - >clientrawhour.txt 143: Busy performing current action. FTP Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientrawdaily.txttemp - >clientrawdaily.txt 143: Busy performing current action. 10060: [10060] Connection timed out Logging off from server 4:22:20 PM Doing abort procedure/program close...

But its not actually uploading anything.

Well, it seems all that needed to be done was change to passive mode. Strange to me that this happened all of a sudden.

Passive mode was brought up by Brian in another post and I thought I had those checked, But I had missed 1 spot that caused the issue.

web site providers often change things at their end where it needs passive mode