Several Flat Lines in a Week

Sorry to re-hash this topic, but have some more info

The flat lines are defiantly not as common as they have been but still occur. Note: from an earlier post I was on a build that was fairly stable. I updated WD and they increased. I backed down to I think 296 and they # occurrences dropped. Could be purely coincidental. I’m on the latest and its also back to minimal occurrences.

In each time the record count is not increasing. In each time I try to open the comm port - luck impact. I check program event log - I do see access errors but fairly confident those were there before the flat line. I seem to see those in program event log even during normal operations.

Here is the new info: When these occur they are almost always concurring around 21:15-21:30. I find this time odd, as I’m not aware of any WD activities (ie midnight and noon seem to be where updates occur). From my limited knowledge I tend to think it would be not likely to be a driver or HW issue to occur almost at the same time. Not saying WD either - perhaps OS (although I seem to recall this happening on older Mac OS).

Just to be clear i’m not blaming or pointing fingers at anyone. I’m just reporting what I have observed.

I just continue to scratch my head on this. Is there any way to add some diags/logs to capture any anomalies?