Several Flat Lines in a Week

not sure
as I do not have other reports of this problem
what else happens on your Mac around 9 to 10 pm?

Thanks, Odd I thought others had had this. I’m in bed by 9pm or so so i’m not doing anything. The only that is running besides WD would be Safari, Itunes (it hosts all my movies and music which I stream around the house), Excel and perhaps Photos. Connected to my mac is my NAS which is always on.

Oh, forgot i’m running Sierra (not high sierra). But this issue has been going on for several prior OS’s. I’m up to date with OS/App updates. Latest version of WD too.

Do the access violations mean anything? There is no timestamp so I don’t know when they are happening. I can send you screenshots of them.

The key is the counter at the bottom of WD stops, thus whatever temp etc WD has at that moment gets carried forward.

Is there any logs or debugging that can be done (by me or via WD) to track this down?

It was happening ALOT until you told me to change that web page setting #29, down to 1 hour vs every minute. Instead of happening few times a week it was down to once every few weeks. Seems to have increased very recently. I have updated WD recently (not saying that is the cause).

Anyways… thats a lot of detail but hope it helps. I’m willing to help in whatever I can as i’m able.

What has sped up the restoration is your help in just deleting the offending lines from Logfile and using the Datalogger setting. However, I have found that if, via the data logger screen, set it to a specific time and then exit WD - when I restart it never retains it. I found that modifying the ini file to the time I want works better.

Hey Brian

I thought of something else that maybe could help a lot.

I will have to check, but I’m pretty sure my Silabs USB Uart driver is a few revs behind.

After tomorrow I am off work until Jan 2 and will have time to verify and install new driver if needed

I had another weird situation today. From the screen shot you can see how WD stopped and restarted many times

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 5.24.08 PM.png

i have made a change that might help in the latest update

Thanks

As you saw from the CWop post, I’m on the latest. Will let you know.

I saw your compiler works with High Sierra. Have you been able to get High Sierra yet to test? Last I saw it wasn’t avail in your country.

you need to download again

I’m on B295 and latest is B296… .but think its a different time stamp.

Regardless, downloaded and installed !!!

I should be good to go now

I really appreciate all your efforts. I’m very sincere when I say that.

no gaurantee

i have made another change that might help too,build 296

Thanks…

Got it and installed !!!

Will keep you posted…

what all did you improve

Thanks and Happy Holidays

I’m not sure this applies to my Acurite, but I’m seeing a lot of drop outs as well, but apparently only to CWOP. Wunderground looks to be working normal.

Model Identifier: iMac17,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM171.0110.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.33f10

Mac build 296

Not really the same issue
What version/ build of WD?

Should I start a new thread?

Hey Brian

With this release, i have had 3 flat lines this week.

The one today was a partial one. Like one other time, it flat lines during the night but then magically resumed in the early am hours

Just thought I would share…

can you post a screen shot?

Probably too late… I corrected it

Only thing I should send is the weatherunderground site that shows a constant temp then about 5-6am it woke up on its own

I just realized I never updated the Silabs driver. I could try that too.

If this happens again what can I capture for you

Hey Brian

As you may recall, I posted earlier that my Silabs USB Driver was many revs behind (7 to be exact).

I just completed updating to the latest driver on my test and now production iMac

WD came up easily. Perhaps this was the culprit to my Flatlines…

Time will tell. I will keep you posted.

P.s. its already NY where you are so happy new year !!!

Spoke too soon…

Had one right after midnight.

I will accept a fluke now and then. I will keep an eye out for sure.

Hoping 2018 is better :slight_smile:

really need more info
I thought you were going to post a screen shot?

My apologies

Remind me please what you need a screenshot of

I did think to check event log and saw an access violation. I have that and will attach.

Otherwise not sure what to post.

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 12.59.12 AM.png