1200 works
6:57 am May 05 2017
Barometer 1009.6
temperature 13.7
Humidity 86.0
Strike 0.0
Strike distance 0.0
Battery 3.5

Ok good learn something new everyday, feel free to use it if it’s any use…

Brian

1 minute. Are there plans to work on allowing WD to directly get data from the unit instead of using the cloud?

one minute works here (i.e cronweatherflow is launched, etc)

Are there plans to work on allowing WD to directly get data from the unit instead of using the cloud?
yes just waiting for weatherflow to provide information about direct socket connection (have already discussed this with you)

Brian,

It appears that cronweatherflow.exe is crashing/closing that is why WD is flatlining. Everything is working fine then WD just flatlines. If I look cronweatherflow.exe is not running. If I manually start it again it starts collecting data. My internet connection can be a little flakey, do you think that the cron is crashing/closing because it may not be able to connect for a few minutes?

I will put in some more error traps
a flaky internet connection seems like the problem

Thanks Brian!

I really need to get Comcast out here to check on what is going on with my connection but it is such a pain dealing with their customer service people.

try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/cronweatherflow.zip

vers 1.2

Downloaded and updated. I’ll let you know if there are any problems after a few days. Thanks!!!

Didn’t know where to ask, maybe here. I’m going to install the Weatherflow station in a remote location. I plan to connect the Hub to Wifi there and collect the data at home. I’m testing this now and confirm the WD gets the data OK. However, the wind updates are not very frequent (certainly not 3 seconds but more like 60 seconds). Few questions:

• I’m running the WD (on Win7) from a VirtualBox - a problem?
  • Does WD look for the max gust value in the WF server (similar as it does in the Davis console) ? Edit: my guess is it checks the last minute gust.

Thanks.

the updates are not as fast if not using udp data
but still should be faster than every minute I would have thought

which version/build of WD?

It is Windows7, WD build 10.37S81, Weatherflow CRON 3.9. It is a 1 minute refresh but seems to be working reliably. I’ll try also with native Windows, not from the virtualbox. As long as it logs max values correctly, it’s fine.

Another WF related question. How much history data can be downloaded from the WF servers into WD? I tried setting one month back but it got stuck (no response in the downloader window). Is there some special setting to set or just wait for a long time?

I think its like only recent data that is available?

I noticed sometimes the data refreshes instantly (e.g. 3 seconds), but sometimes once per minute from same machine (PC, Win7, build90). My guess is that 1-min data refresh is when nobody is connected via WF’s server. I get instant data updates if I have a WF connection open in a browser (their standard blue interface with all data).

This is not an issue. What I see as an issue is this: In condition where a connection is open in browser, WD is not able to retrieve the historical data from WF’s server. Furthermore, the solar data (might be also avg wind speed) does not update (flat lines).
I’ve seen no issue with retrieving historical data if browser is closed, also other values update OK with 1-min interval.

Not easy to explain, especially for a non-native English speaker :slight_smile:

re solar data not updating
which version/build?

Build 90, Windows 7. I was monitoring the WF cron and it didn

is this via udp or?

I have tested here and solar data works
(not using UDP data)

I was not using UDP. Anyways, I decided not to rely on remote logging but will have a RPi installed besides the WF station.