WD and WeatherFlow

Brian,

I’ve been running WD with my WeatherFlow test station and it’s been doing fine. Today I decided to start uploading data to my web site and setup a 2nd site to upload the data to. I believe I have everything right but now WD is not pulling data from WeatherFlow. If I restart WD it will pull new data but it will not update from there.

Any place I should look to try and trouble shoot this?

so it was working you mean, but now its not?
what changed?

good morning brian

Can you tell me is the weather display software using the developer app API key plus the station Id or is it using station Id alone. Unfortunately my windows machine is too unreliable to run weather display or just about anything for a length a time .

I have compiled scripts for using the API key plus station ID for homeweatherstation template and it’s been running here http://boutiquehotelitaly.com/devpws/ for last 4 day suite smoothly. But I will really would like to understand how weather display collects the data.

Brian(Istanbul)

I have a developer API ID to use and then the station ID is also used

I will do a test with a test station ID here

I have tested here at 1 minute update rate and its working OK
what update rate do you have set hankster?

Awesome so users of weather display can just use the normal clientraw. Makes life easier .If you need another station ID 1959 .

this is the data I get from your station ID:
9:16 pm May 04 2017
Barometer 1014.0
temperature 22.4
Humidity 100.0
Strike 0.0
Strike distance 0.0
Battery 3.5

100% RH ? :slight_smile:

Hi I don’t see any records for today at 100% so no idea where you get that see attached

i have checked all the files and json api

{“status”:{“status_code”:0,“status_message”:“SUCCESS”},“device_id”:1959,“type”:“obs_air”,“source”:“cache”,“summary”:{“pressure_trend”:“steady”,“pressure_high_24h”:1011.7,“pressure_low_24h”:1009.0,“strike_count_3h”:0,“strike_last_dist”:40,“strike_last_epoch”:1493641286},“obs”:[[1493886804,1009.8,20.2,67,0,0,3.48,1]]}

Looked every no records of 100% anywhere

Curious of what method your using to pull there numerous methods to pull the data from API

What I found was that cronweatherflow was not running. I tried restarting WD but the cron program never started. Once I started it manually everything is good. I haven’t rebooted the computer for a while so will do that later today and see if that makes a difference.

I think he was talking about data from my station.

My understanding that you embed your Developers ID within the program and all the end user needs to do is put in a station ID. A user may want to monitor a number of different stations so all they would have to do is put in the station ID number.

ah, maybe it was still getting Hanksters data
checking, yup it was
using 1959 as the station data on restarting cronweatherflow…I and not getting any data (it does say OK)
is your station set to public Brian?

re hanskter, what update interval do you have set in the weatherflow setup?

Ok a bit learning curve going on here , I have two methods I can get data via

Through developer API key I can access the device direct via 1959 using my API key and authorize through the developer panel , I see more data available than I see through the station ID method.

The public station ID is 1200 Tempest

So try 1200 if you need it . If you want I can pm the device ID method I use though I think you should be able see that method through the developer panel.

Hope it makes sense .

Brian

1200 works
6:57 am May 05 2017
Barometer 1009.6
temperature 13.7
Humidity 86.0
Strike 0.0
Strike distance 0.0
Battery 3.5

Ok good learn something new everyday, feel free to use it if it’s any use…

Brian

1 minute. Are there plans to work on allowing WD to directly get data from the unit instead of using the cloud?

one minute works here (i.e cronweatherflow is launched, etc)

Are there plans to work on allowing WD to directly get data from the unit instead of using the cloud?
yes just waiting for weatherflow to provide information about direct socket connection (have already discussed this with you)

Brian,

It appears that cronweatherflow.exe is crashing/closing that is why WD is flatlining. Everything is working fine then WD just flatlines. If I look cronweatherflow.exe is not running. If I manually start it again it starts collecting data. My internet connection can be a little flakey, do you think that the cron is crashing/closing because it may not be able to connect for a few minutes?