Weather Display Not Responding

I am using Weather Display v10.37S47. My weather station is a Davis Vantage Pro. My PC is a Lenovo Q190 running Windows 10. It uses a Celeron @1.6Ghz 64bit with 2GB RAM
It is only running Weather Display and has been running OK for several years with no problem.

Yesterday it stopped running with the message Not Responding.
When I restart the computer the Weather Display small blue popup displays and loads the program but freezes when the main screen is displayed with the Not responding message on the top line.
The data received box is grey and shows 0
The data quality box is red.
None of the data fields on the screen are populated.

When I checked the screen the next morning, the data fields are being populated and updated.
The data quality box is now green.
The “not responding message” is still displayed and I cannot access anything on the menu bar.
When I hover the mouse over the WD display the cursor changes to the blue windows rotating circle.

try restarting WD
(kill off the process first with windows task manager)
and then see if there is an error under view, program event log
but also if you have set WD to show a web cam image as an icon or similar then try deleting that web cam image file (when WD is not running)

Restarted and running OK as administrator. No entry in program event log. Not using a web cam image.
I have always used the “Launch when windows starts option”. I’m not sure if it is possible to set this so it runs as administrator?
This has always worked OK for a number of years with no problem as server starts up on power outs,etc
I will have to manually start WD as administrator in future.
Not sure why it has suddenly started - maybe some Windows 10 update?
Thanks you for your response

you could use windows task scheduler
there is a youtube video showing how to use that
http://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php
(near the bottom)

Thank you very much Brian.
That has solved the problem and everything is running fine now :slight_smile:

I’m having a similar issue - no cause that I can identify. v1037S70, but the problem occurred w/69 too.

WD launches fine, pulls data from the Weatherlink IP, then about once / min it says “Not Responding” for 10s or so, after which it resumes and there is a spike in CPU for the WD process. This repeats…

Its not pulling data from the WL IP very often, roughly every 90s, but that’s not consistent. I’ve had to reboot the WL I/P several times recently, so this may be the WL IP starting to fail? WL IP firmware is latest (112).

Suggestions for troubleshooting?

Kevin

any error under view, program event log?
any changes with your wifi,eg with firewall or similar?

Did it work well before, and now has problems, or has it been like this from the start?

I’ve been running WD for >10 years and haven’t had this problem before. Its been moved between PCs several times during that time. The PC is dedicated to WD - its not used for anything else and has no other s/w installed.

No errors in the eventlog - WD doesn’t crash it just drops into not responding for a period then recovers.

I don’t know exactly when the problem started occurring - sometime since January, therefore I cant say with 100% confidence there have been no changes in that time. Certainly I’ve not changed any settings on the PC itself other than Windows Updates. If it was related to Windows Updates I’d expect many others to see the same issue.

I will try WD on another machine to see if it is machine-related and report back.

Kevin

it could be a corrupted image (e.g web cam image) or a corrupted settings for say a custom screen or similar
if you could .zip and send me your settings files (see in the FAQ) I will see if I can duplicate your systems here

I got just same problem today and solved it by deleting huge auto saved metar-file. :smiley: