Solar anomalies in WD

I’m sorry, Brian, we seem to be at cross-purposes. Please allow me to try and clarify the position.

Several years ago, I added the Davis solar device to my VP2 installation. From the very start, I was getting anomalous glitches, which I blamed on the device as everything else worked with WD. Davis could not understand the anomalies, no matter what we tried. I gave up on solar. Since then, I’ve tried it again on 2 occasions when I changed computers and operating systems, always with the same kind of glitches, but only on solar. I just cussed Davis!

A couple of months ago, my Davis anemometer gave up. As my Davis system was old, I decided to retire it and I bought the WH3083 because my pension would not run to a new Davis system and, at 85, my mind is not as active, so I decided to run it on the WD I was familiar with. I was flabbergasted to find that the solar system on it, with freshly installed WD software (no legacy errors), did exactly what I experienced for years with the Davis solar; it glitched totally unpredictably but only on solar. IOW, I have problems with WD with two independent sets of weather systems on two independently installed versions of WD and have had so (with Davis only) for many years.

In your last post, you suggest I use Cumulus for both. This is NOT what I want to do. If you were in the habit of driving a Rolls Royce, would you want to use a Mini as your main car? In any case, I have not been able to configure Cumulus as a second system with Davis AND WH3083. Also, I use other features in WD that Cumulus does not have. I’ll continue to use WD with both systems, knowing that it’s not perfect for solar/UV, at least here.

Out of curiosity, I did start Cumulus to see how it behaved at the time of a known glitch in WH3083. The attached graph shows the curve was smooth. The red is a freehand rendering of the same time data from WD as in the table.

Finally, the thing that flummoxes me the most is that there are no ‘me too’ responses from other WD users. How can it be that I have had the problem for years and no one else has seen it?