Install of consoleWD FTP not working

I have installed consolewd on a Ubuntu 16.10 connecting to a Davis Pro weather station. Everything works fine, data being downloaded from DAVIS Pro, clientraw files being updated.

I can manually upload the clientraw files upto the website fine

However the cronftpreal is not ftping files; instead just keeps repeating “Checking for candoftpreal.txt”

Client raw FTP Upload 23:48:47 11-4-17
FTP real vers 2.7
Checking for candoftpreal.txt

Any suggestions what might be wrong?

do you have set in the config.txt file to actually do the real time client raw ftp?
try restarting consolewd so it picks up the modified settings

Yes I have (see below - xxxx entries removed for post) - but I have validated through the Linux console work Ok through manual ftp.

Do clientraw FTP=Y //(set to Y for yes, N for no)
FTP server=ftp.xxxx
FTP username=xxxx
FTP password=xxxx
FTP port=21 //default is 21
FTP remote dir=html/wwsc.org.uk/weather/
FTP remote dir wx.html=html/wwsc.org.uk/weather/
FTP use passive=Y //(set to Y for yes, N for no)
FTP use remote file rename= //Write here the remote name: NOTE that not all FTP servers allow remote file rename"
FTP time interval=60 //the interval between upload of the clientraw.txt and customclientraw files

humm
and consolewd is getting live data OK from the station?

Yes fine (see below) - if I clientraw files are being updated and if I manually ftp the files they display fine - and debug or logging I can turn on?

Doing VP routine now
raw vp baro 1015.0
raw vp temp 14.3
Vpsolar = 32767
Davis Data OK
Current data : Temperature= 55.9 Windspeed =8.6 Gustspeed =12.0 Direction =94 Humidity=70 Barometer=30.0 Daily Rain=0.0
*****Received count = -----------------------------> 99
crc= 0
Doing VP routine now
raw vp baro 1015.0
raw vp temp 14.3
Vpsolar = 32767
Davis Data OK
Current data : Temperature= 55.9 Windspeed =8.8 Gustspeed =12.0 Direction =94 Humidity=70 Barometer=30.0 Daily Rain=0.0
*****Received count = -----------------------------> 99

humm
which version of consolewd and raspberry pi version, etc?

Is not a PI its an old PC with a serial port running Ubuntu 16.10, and Consolewd Version on 4 September 2015 - 03:25:56

Full console output (removed ftp site and username) attached

consolewd.txt (10.4 KB)

ah, the original consolewd version

one simple way to get the problem resolved could be to create a bath script or similar that creates the file candoftpreal.txt at regular intervals

Any particular format to the file? shouls it be in the same directory as the console application?

hi
it just needs to exist and yes , in the same directory

No sorry that doesn’t work either.

Real pity we used to use the full Windows version; but the new machine is a headless Linux box, running other software.

Bit stuck!