Moving the WS up the pole a bit...

Hi all, on Sunday, I moved my outdoor weather station hardware from about half way to almost all the way to the top of my ~3 m pole where I think it will produce more accurate data, since it’s now out of the way of the roof line. Yesterday we had a particularly windy day and the pole seems to be oscillating a little bit in the wind, but I watched it carefully and it seems to be OK at that height. It’s not causing the rain gauge to record any rain that we haven’t had… if it starts doing that, then I need to move it back down. I’m in a condo, so I can’t nail or screw anything down into the deck, so I have the pole’s tripod tied up with zip straps, so hopefully it won’t tip over anytime soon. (Crossing fingers)

I think maybe all the jostling I did to the device caused a few more mm of rain to be recorded, but I’m not worried about that. I was just worried about re-positioning the pole being up so high on the 4th floor and me falling off the balcony, etc… It’s a long way up! (And a long way down!) :lol: