Lightning detector "wanted"

I’d like to experiment with a lightning detector, preferably from Hobby Boards. If anyone has one spare or not in use, I’m interested to buy.

Got the AS3935 sensor set and works nice :slight_smile:

Hi mihec

Sounds good, I’m interesting as well in the AS3935

Does it work with WD or RasPi or combination of those ?
Do you need only the basic print ?

Thanks so far !

I don’t have much time right now to build it from scratch so I just bought a board on ebay (from playingwithfusion). I tried to use it with Arduino Nano but was not able to compile a design (my fault). I connected it to a RPi and it works almost out of the box. I just put everything to a box and mount it outdoors under the roof. I use a python script to read the strikes and log them to a file.
I wanted to suggest Brian to support it in WD but didn’t want to bother him.
I ordered another module so I can play with it with Arduino. When I make it work, it would send the packets over the USB. I’m planning to use it on another location and compare performance. My #1 is located in a valley (cirque) surrounded by hills and mountains. It detects the strikes up to approximately 10-15 km (direction with no mountains). I plan to use #2 in a flat area.

Good job mihec :smiley:

Thanks, I wish I had more time to work on the software part :frowning:
Here are few outputs of today’s night storm passing by the city. It was not passing over hence lower intensities. There were 79 strikes recorded.

strikes.png

strikes_day.png